What's new

Paint Goldline Buttons???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it too cheesy to paint the buttons on my goldline acw???

Have you tried it? Didi it last?

Should I just get 5 new buttons ( $25 + apiece)?

They work fine; they are just faded.

soapy

Reaction score
They probably have some UV damage. I think I would try to polish them with a rubbing compound and see if you could bring them back then spray them with clearcoat so they stay fresh looking longer.

Randy

Reaction score
Don't even try to paint the Goldline buttons, they'll look worse in no time, just replace them and consider it to be a business expense. I've seen many that have been painted and they look terrible.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I too concur with Randy, don't paint them I too have seen that route taken and it looks terrible. We painted the faceplates to our vac doors and it took no time for customers to wear the paint off where their fingers interact with the equipment.

MEP001

Reaction score
It doesn't last very long on my nails, so I can't imagine it would hold up long on the buttons.

Rudy

Reaction score
Consider replacing the Hamilton pushbuttons with 22mm pushbutton assemblies.

Go to automationdirect.com . Search for 22mm pushbuttons. You want a NO contact. Cost....around $5 each.

I did this 15 years ago....and it's saved me bunches.

You will have to find some (spade type) terminals to insert into the switch contacts.

I'm still running an old ACW IV. With a new faceplate and new pushbuttons....the unit looks like it's brand new.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score

Go to automationdirect.com . Search for 22mm pushbuttons. You want a NO contact. Cost....around $5 each.

I did this 15 years ago....and it's saved me bunches.

You will have to find some (spade type) terminals to insert into the switch contacts.

I'm still running an old ACW IV. With a new faceplate and new pushbuttons....the unit looks like it's brand new.
Rudy makes sense. Once a new faceplate is done ... if not too hard to do ...it seems like more durable alternative push-buttons could then be used. When we bought our very close to 100% vandal proof SS push-buttons for some of our faceplaces ... albeit not Hamilton ... we allowed a bit more time for shipping & got far more for our money than the OEM push-buttons.

Randy

Reaction score
The only problem with that is 22mm push buttons that are used on a old ACW IV won't fit jn the hole in a Goldline ACW, they are to big. The Goldline buttons are a completely different button than what's used on the older ACW IV.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Decision made; ordered new buttons from my buddy!. Thanks all.

mac

Reaction score
You can paint anything you are faster than.