What's new

Paint for lighted plastic vacuum domes?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently got a sweet deal on some used vacs I plan to use for my detail shop. They came with lighted yellow plastic domes that I would like to swap out with stainless domes, so I can use the cool lighted ones on 2 vacs at the end of my wash.

One dome is nice, but the other looks worn.

Is there a plastic spray paint I could use to freshen up the yellow dome or would that make it appear too dim at night?

Thanks!

mac

Reaction score
Yes plastic spray paint is sold all over. Just clean real good and then paint. May take two or more sprays because it’s easy to get thin spots with spray cans.

Randy

Reaction score
I've used Krylon spray paint to paint vac domes with good results. They look good for some time.

Eric H

Reaction score
I think you should call the loser that you bought those vacuums from and ask if you can give them back and buy 2 of the newer vacs with the lighted domes and Dixmor display timers like HE TOLD YOU TO DO!!! That way you get newer vacuums and don't have to screw around with painting those domes and adding a light to the ones you have. That loser probably even hasn't cashed your check yet.

MC3033

Reaction score
Be very thorough painting. Once you put it on and light it up it will show every imperfection!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Before and after photo of painted top - Light will not shin thru but much better looking in daylight and I have lights above anyway. Vac Top.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I think you should call the loser that you bought those vacuums from and ask if you can give them back and buy 2 of the newer vacs with the lighted domes and Dixmor display timers like HE TOLD YOU TO DO!!! That way you get newer vacuums and don't have to screw around with painting those domes and adding a light to the ones you have. That loser probably even hasn't cashed your check yet.
That guy sounds awful. ;)