What's new

Options in lieu of Foam Brush for winter

Andy Burn

Reaction score
Good evening.

I am planning to remove the foam brush option for winter. Figured it will save me money on weepmizer and FB is not really a popular choice at my site in winter. Instead of capping the FB hoses, I was wondering if I could install a low pressure gun and run any option in lieu of the FB. The FB runs off a flojet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards Andy

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you considered a methanol mix and leaving it in service?

A low pressure gun would be a good idea, maybe a good, strong foaming presoak, but you'll still need to keep it from freezing.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't remove the foam brush ever. People expect it at a car wash. You don't want to take some thing away and then re-introduce it. It's bad customer service. Just use the methanol foam brush soap and you'll be all set.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Are you using anti freeze foam brush soap in winter?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Back in the late 70’s and 80’s I would take them down when it got really cold and post signs in each bay saying
”All the Foam Brushes took a vacation to Florida until it gets warmer”
Customers actually laughed about it and would ask me what part of part of Florida.
Now I just leave them out using the drip system and just pay for the water and sewage.

Roz

Reaction score
The KR winter blend works, just make the mixture on the rich side of the temperature scale and you will be fine. Brush is probably more important in the winter than any other season to get off the salt and mud - unless you are in a year-round warm state.