What's new

Only 2SS frustration

Bricks

Reaction score
I can’t deal with people pulling into my bays and doing everything BUT putting money into the coin box. With only two bays, I can’t afford to have these people dilly-dallying around.
How does one fix this? What’s your strategy? I tried to load a video from this morning’s aggravation but it said “oops we ran into problems “ or something like that. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I kick people out of the bays all the time. You learn the signs of loitering pretty quick - eating, opening the hood and immediately pulling out their phone, getting out and wiping down the outsides of the windows, etc. I found out the Texas laws of loitering and printed the statute. If someone is loitering, I ask them to leave, if they don't I hand them the statute and tell them they're now trespassing and need to leave. I need to get signs in the bays that state a $500 fine for loitering, but I don't have much trouble with it anymore.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I dont consider it loitering - well, it is, but the police dont really care too much about that.
There are laws in many (all?) states that it is unlawful to block a business, to prevent customers from patronizing a business. Which is exactly what they are doing if they're not in the process of washing.
Ask them if they sit at the bank drive thru window and balance their checkbook.
Or if they set up a picnic in McDs drive thru lane.
Try blocking the entrance to the grocery store and see how long it takes the police to show up.
"Sorry, but you have 25% of my business closed, you need to either wash or get off the pot."

btw, same thing with drying/detailing/bucket washing - they are blocking other customers access to your business.

Bricks

Reaction score
I dont consider it loitering - well, it is, but the police dont really care too much about that.
There are laws in many (all?) states that it is unlawful to block a business, to prevent customers from patronizing a business. Which is exactly what they are doing if they're not in the process of washing.
Ask them if they sit at the bank drive thru window and balance their checkbook.
Or if they set up a picnic in McDs drive thru lane.
Try blocking the entrance to the grocery store and see how long it takes the police to show up.
"Sorry, but you have 25% of my business closed, you need to either wash or get off the pot."

btw, same thing with drying/detailing/bucket washing - they are blocking other customers access to your business.
Some people are in their own little inconsiderate worlds. I absolutely hate how much I worry about stuff, but It’s better than being clueless and rude.

I would like to patent a system that uses sensors to detect a vehicle, and when a vehicle is detected and the timer is off, an annoying audio message would say “please insert payment or exit the wash bay”.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's why I checked the laws about trespassing. In Texas, once I tell them to leave it's not just loitering anymore. With clear signage and a blanket criminal trespass warrant, I don't even need to be there to have someone issued a CTW.

I would like to patent a system that uses sensors to detect a vehicle, and when a vehicle is detected and the timer is off, an annoying audio message would say “please insert payment or exit the wash bay”.
That would be very easy to create.

Bricks

Reaction score
That's why I checked the laws about trespassing. In Texas, once I tell them to leave it's not just loitering anymore. With clear signage and a blanket criminal trespass warrant, I don't even need to be there to have someone issued a CTW.

That would be very easy to create.
Maybe for you. Go halvsies?

Bricks

Reaction score
We could call it “No Pay No Bay”

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe for you.
Not for me. I'd have to piece things together and it would be complicated and expensive. I know a few guys who can write script for a Raspberry Pi easier than I can fill out a deposit slip.