What's new

Older Hamilton RNS refurbishment

Keno

Reaction score
Hi group, new self serve owner here. I've learned a ton from reading older threads on these forums. Wealth of knowledge!

The wash we bought has a lot of deferred maintenence to say the least and we are working through fixing the issues. It has an RNS changer from 1991 and a rowe with a Mars validator installed. The reliability on the hamilton isn't where I would like it to be. When it rejects a bill, the whole machine stops working until it is unplugged and plugged back in. Board still has a green led and reset button does nothing.

Looking to refurbish the hamilton to increase reliability and uptime. We are using quarters now, but plan on switching to dollar tokens in the near future. Based on previous threads here seems I should go with a Mars validator.

Anyways, on to my questions - is there a kit I can get to do this? Or a parts list? What all should I replace or do maintenence on? And is there a maintenance or service manual available anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Keno

Reaction score
Also forgot to add, I can only fill the hopper about halfway out it will start jamming

OurTown

Reaction score
Randy on here sells a Mars retrofit kit for the RNS. Contact him through "start a conversation". He can also help with the hopper jam. It might have a weak motor, cracked bowl or the shaft is out of adjustment allowing quarters to get under the wheel. Once you get it all straightened out it will run and run with minimal maintenance.

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks, I am in contact with Randy