What's new

% of Magnets Washed Off Cars That Are RETRIEVED?

Carl

Reaction score
:confused: Just curious what percentage you'd guess it is of the customers who retrieve their lost car magnets that your automatic carwash washes to the ground?

Thanks. - Carl :)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
0-5% retrieval rate.

Thinking of selling them in your Shur-Vend?

Hmmmm.....:)

Jeff_L

Reaction score
0%

Selling them in my shurvend,...not a bad idea.... :)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Won't work!! I have a few i find and leave them on the side of the shurvend and they won't take them.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith. Haven't you ever left stuff out for free only to have it sit there but once you put it out with a price on it it is snatched up?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Free = must be junk.

$$ = must be worth something. I gotta have it!!!

I'm liking this idea. Wash it off, put it in a ziploc baggie and price it. Could even get more $ if you used one of those food seal packages where it sucks all the air out to make it even more attractive.

Of course, how many people just happen to have a son named Tommy, #22, who plays soccer? :p

Carl

Reaction score
Magnets Retrieval Rate

Thanks for the responses, guys. Retrieval rate for us feels like < 4%. I've learned of some interesting maladies that I didn't know people could even have from reading names of "concern magnets" that have been washed off in our bays. And what's the deal w/ that yellow and blue magnet that makes like an E shape? or rectangle shape? I can't remember exactly how it looks to describe it well enough here, but someone told me it means "gay"? Whatever...LOL. There's a magnet for everything from Sarah Palin to Obama-worshipping in various designs and formats... - Carl :rolleyes:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll put one in the vendor and see if it sells.

Oooo. Scientific!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I think the original support magnets donated $1 to go towards the troops and then the chinese flooded the US with copycats that just donate towards the chinese.
My favorite magnets
Picture of sarah palin with the word VPILF.
Support Bad Girls.
Support Road head.
Save the Tatas on a pink ribbon.
Probably will just keep these on equip. room inside door.

Red Baron

Reaction score
For awhile I stuck them to my steel ER door hoping customers would take them, but I found it promoted rust so now they go directly in the trash. Same things with floormats left at the vacs unless they look fairly new. I used to set them aside in the ER but nobody ever comes looking for them.

I did nearly give one guy a heart attack when he forgot his peanut can half full of quarters on the meterbox and they were waiting for him in the ER when he came back a few hours later. He couldn't understand why a "quarters business" wouldn't just confiscate them.