What's new

Nozzles blocking

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Have nozzles blocking on Water Wizard 1.0, appears to be some type of rubber getting into the HP nozzles on both side and boom.
Looks like I have a HP hose coming apart from the inside if that can happen ?
Other than replacing all HP hoses, wondering if someone has had this happen and has advise on how to find the bad hose.
I am sure if I wait long enough it will fail one day, hopefully i can find before then.

MEP001

Reaction score
IMO it's much more likely to be coming from the pump or something before it. If a HP hose is disintegrating so bad that chunks are coming loose, it would have been leaking really bad first.

MC3033

Reaction score
Usually a pump when you see that. Any pulsing or vibration?

Typically start seeing some little steel pieces next. Would recommend trying to address ASAP before it gets worse!

APW

Reaction score
Had the same problem and it was my low pressure pump.

mac

Reaction score
Have seen this often. Usually caused when someone uses a hydraulic hose upstream instead of a high pressure water hose. It will day on the hose what type it is.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
IMO it's much more likely to be coming from the pump or something before it. If a HP hose is disintegrating so bad that chunks are coming loose, it would have been leaking really bad first.
Only rubber in pump are the O-rings (cat 3535) these are in the shape of small flakes

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Usually a pump when you see that. Any pulsing or vibration?

Typically start seeing some little steel pieces next. Would recommend trying to address ASAP before it gets worse!
Pump holding pressure, no pulsing or vibrating

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Have seen this often. Usually caused when someone uses a hydraulic hose upstream instead of a high pressure water hose. It will day on the hose what type it is.
Mac,
are you saying a hyd. hose may come apart when use for water only, I do get some hoses from Bridgestone Hose ( they ae hyd. )
thanks.
This is something i need to look at.

mac

Reaction score
Mac,
are you saying a hyd. hose may come apart when use for water only, I do get some hoses from Bridgestone Hose ( they ae hyd. )
thanks.
This is something i need to look at.
Yes, hydraulic hoses are designed to handle oil. When water and chemicals go through the internal lining can deteriorate. When it does it exposes the carbon steel reenforcing wire which cascades the problem. Simply ask for high pressure water hose. It also nicer as it’s blue instead of black.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Yes, hydraulic hoses are designed to handle oil. When water and chemicals go through the internal lining can deteriorate. When it does it exposes the carbon steel reenforcing wire which cascades the problem. Simply ask for high pressure water hose. It also nicer as it’s blue instead of black.
Thanks for the reply, i will speak with the hose house about it

toddmullens

Reaction score
When this happens on my Water Wizard, its almost always the bypass hose on the pump that is coming apart on the inside. Certain hoses do not hold up well in this application and the design of the bypass is terrible on the 1.0.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
When this happens on my Water Wizard, its almost always the bypass hose on the pump that is coming apart on the inside. Certain hoses do not hold up well in this application and the design of the bypass is terrible on the 1.0.
Interesting, we replaced the bypass hose just before the nozzles started stopping up and not it seems to be have cycled thru because nozzles are running fine now.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might have broken some rubber off from inside the old hose that later worked its way into the tips.

bigjws

Reaction score
Have nozzles blocking on Water Wizard 1.0, appears to be some type of rubber getting into the HP nozzles on both side and boom.
Other than replacing all HP hoses, wondering if someone has had this happen and has advise on how to find the bad hose.
I am sure if I wait long enough it will fail one day, hopefully i can find before then.
This is usually what happens to me .. when a nozzle or two start blocking up, usually a broken hose follows within the next few weeks. It's just pieces from the inside of the hose coming loose, really nothing to do but wait for the hose to break and replace it. When everything froze down here last week, the ice in the hoses also knocked loose a lot of junk and have been clogging tips from time to time..

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I did not find my problem but it found me as some one here had suggested. Low pressure hose finally gave way and when replaced found bad spot in hose and slowly the nozzles started to clear up.

Thank for all the suggestions.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I did not find my problem but it found me as some one here had suggested. Low pressure hose finally gave way and when replaced found bad spot in hose and slowly the nozzles started to clear up.

Thank for all the suggestions.
The valves probably have pieces of thoat hose stuck in them as well. Ask me how I know! 😂