What's new

News report from Cleveland stringing.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
For those that "Don't Know How Its Done".....They do now!

Journalism at its finest....

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
For those that "Don't Know How Its Done".....They do now!

Journalism at its finest....
Maybe a few stills would have been better, but it couldn't get much easier with that machine unless the door
was open

Bizzy

Reaction score
Same guy with a female hit a couple washes in PA Wednesday. I have daylight video.

Aliraza21

Reaction score
Dangerous and stupid...the thief that is. He could have killed with his reckless behavior...for what!?

Not sure I would have done anything different than the owner, but he may want to invest in a plate cam. Mine was $200.

I also have a way to sound off messages and alarms sounds remotely over a PA system. I've used it a few times for people partying in my bays. It's amazing how people react to a siren or a message telling them they are being watched and recorded.

So he as I, remotely monitor our washes. I would have sounded and alarm remotely to stop him from damaging the equipment further and called the police with the plate number. That would have prevented an on site confrontation and the chase...both of which are highly dangerous and could have resulted in death.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Wouldn't the MARs validator prevent this? It has those backward facing metal teeth that look to be designed to shred the bill if it were pulled back out.

MEP001

Reaction score
Wouldn't the MARs validator prevent this? It has those backward facing metal teeth that look to be designed to shred the bill if it were pulled back out.
I still haven't seen any proof of a Mars being strung. A few have claimed it but no one who did ever came back and answered any questions about it. I've found remnants of stringing attempts in the Mars validators in the changer and ACW but the money was never short.

Randy

Reaction score
Don’t fool yourself MEP the Mars validator CAN be strung, even with the teeth on the bill box, it’s hard to do but it can be done. Mars is aware of it and has software to help stop it. I’ve been seeing it mostly in the South East, Florida panhandle was the last area that I got validators in to be upgraded. If your using a Hamilton XE validator you want to make sure you are using the v3.60 software with the shutdown feature turned On.

MEP001

Reaction score
I didn't say it can't be strung.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I still haven't seen any proof of a Mars being strung. A few have claimed it but no one who did ever came back and answered any questions about it. I've found remnants of stringing attempts in the Mars validators in the changer and ACW but the money was never short.
Same here. In the rare case that someone says they got strung, when pressed for more info, the response is silence.

Randy

Reaction score
How much proof would you like? Would you like the contact information of the guy in Columbus, NC or the nice lady in Pensacola, FL. The lady in Pensacola caught the guy who was stringing her Mars validators when he was paying for beer at the convenience store with a pockets full of quarters, the clerk knows the car wash lady, he was bragging about how he ripped off the car wash bill changer, before he got caught he trained a couple of his friends on how to do it. I loaded the anti-stringing software into her validator and it stopped it. The only problem is when the validator detects a stringing attempt the pusher extends in the bill box, the validator locks up, you can't get the bill box off the validator until you physically cycle the power or in some cases turn switch #3 from "High Security" to "High acceptance" and pusher plate will retract once power is reapplied. The validator has to be in the High Security mode for the anti-stringing software to work, not all Mars validators have the ability to accept the newer anti-stringing software, only Mars validators manufactured after 2004 have this capability.