What's new

Newbie looking for advice

newbe

Reaction score
Some background... I live in the midwest and have never owned a car wash but I'm a DIYer and can fix many things on my own.

Recently a 6 self-serve bays with one 1 automatic touchless bay car wash popped up on the market. I have been driving by it to work everyday for the last 10 years. It's located not on a super busy street but it's in a relatively good area. It does need some TLC. The automatic bay is dated and seems to break down a bit and self service bays have dated equipment as well. The next closest self service car wash is about 10 miles away.

I started looking into it a bit and so far I found out it makes about 120K revenue per year.

On a high level do you guys think it's worth looking into this a bit more? What to look for, what to ask the owner? How much would it cost to outfit a new automatic touchless bay? How much does it cost to install new equipment for self service bays?
Any insight greatly appreciated!

ShinePro

Reaction score
Some background... I live in the midwest and have never owned a car wash but I'm a DIYer and can fix many things on my own.

Recently a 6 self-serve bays with one 1 automatic touchless bay car wash popped up on the market. I have been driving by it to work everyday for the last 10 years. It's located not on a super busy street but it's in a relatively good area. It does need some TLC. The automatic bay is dated and seems to break down a bit and self service bays have dated equipment as well. The next closest self service car wash is about 10 miles away.

I started looking into it a bit and so far I found out it makes about 120K revenue per year.

On a high level do you guys think it's worth looking into this a bit more? What to look for, what to ask the owner? How much would it cost to outfit a new automatic touchless bay? How much does it cost to install new equipment for self service bays?

ShinePro

Reaction score
I’ll talk to you
I have own 2 washes that size
Give me a call
937-605-4751

Rapidoil

Reaction score
It's probably worth 2-3 gross and a new in bay auto costs about 200000 or more with all the supporting stuff. I would only base an offer on what you see on the tax returns. All this is my opinion of course.

newbe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info!

As far as regular equipment upkeep for a self service bay, what are the typical costs to maintain it throughout the year? What do you guys typically budget for that? Also, is that something I can fix on my own or do you need any specialized skills?