What's new

New Vector Issue

wyatt

Reaction score
I had two separate car wash repair companies out at my car wash today. Between all of us and Belanger tech support we were unable to fix it.

The issue: car pulls in, presoak pass 1 & 2 work no problem, then HP hits drivers side and then when switches to the passenger side it sprays for two seconds and then fails with error code b/f jam (butterfly jam)

Things we have tried:
- checked all connections for corrosion and water
- installed new encoder
- filled all tires to correct psi
- confirmed there is no slop in any gears ect...
- tested b/f prox
- jogged b/f and it runs smoothly

Things we may try on monday:
- switch out the cable to the encoder and prox switch
- switch out the piece the encoder reads

Basically what I don't understand is why does it always happen when passenger side HP turns on???

MEP001

Reaction score
Does the machine begin the butterfly before the b/f jam code or is it not moving when it errors out?

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I would try using a different set of wires and a new pair in the unbiblical. On our saber we have also had the arms bearings go out so when high pressure came on the kick from high pressure would cause arm to get stuck on the machine. I used duct tape to get us back up and running until I changed the bearings.

Attachments

traveler17

Reaction score
Is the passenger side arm sagging? Like MEP asked does it happen when the arm opens ? Agree w Dakota, Sounds like bearing causing it. I would change cable first if you haven’t already because that would be easier. I have a vector that has done similar. Good luck , Keep us posted

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
If your 2 high pressure hoses that feed the arms aren't the right length, they can twist over each other and when the high pressure turns on, the hoses tighten/flex and can bind eachother enough for the fault to occur. Have seen this a couple times now when people aren't exact on their hose length specs.

wyatt

Reaction score
Does the machine begin the butterfly before the b/f jam code or is it not moving when it errors out?
it errors out when the passenger side hp starts and the wash backs up a couple inches like normal and the it errors. The arm doesn’t move.

wyatt

Reaction score
If your 2 high pressure hoses that feed the arms aren't the right length, they can twist over each other and when the high pressure turns on, the hoses tighten/flex and can bind eachother enough for the fault to occur. Have seen this a couple times now when people aren't exact on their hose length specs.
had that thought, but my hoses have been on for 6 months to a year without a hitch. Worth a shot though, they do touch when the arms come together

wyatt

Reaction score
Is the passenger side arm sagging? Like MEP asked does it happen when the arm opens ? Agree w Dakota, Sounds like bearing causing it. I would change cable first if you haven’t already because that would be easier. I have a vector that has done similar. Good luck , Keep us posted
arms don’t sag, going to try a new cable in the morning. I just find it strange that it always happens on the passenger side hp and I can’t get it to fault any other time.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think it's a cable issue. The fault is because the butterfly is supposed to move and it didn't. If it did butterfly and faulted, then the cable or prox might be bad, but this isn't what's happening. Try having someone push against the arm in the same direction as the pressure would push it while you jog the butterfly and see if it moves. You might have a bad gearbox or something else is binding.

traveler17

Reaction score
Hey also for you vector owners just a FYI part #6100 which is the bearing used on butterfly is off a 83 Buick skylark ( wheel bearing) . You can get it at the auto parts store for around $50. Belanger cost is $180

wyatt

Reaction score
Just a heads up its the bearing for the rear wheels of a skylark. (four holes on the top, not 3)

wyatt

Reaction score
Does anyone know what automobile the bearing for the boom is? It looks just like the b/f bearing but has four lugs instead of five.

MEP001

Reaction score
This one?

That's the 1983 Skylark rear bearing and hub assembly.

wyatt

Reaction score
This one?

That's the 1983 Skylark rear bearing and hub assembly.
No, on mine the b/f is that one in the picture (5 lug). But my boom bearing (the one by the equipment wall) looks exactly like that but only has 4 lugs.

traveler17

Reaction score
I‘m not sure which one for the boom, MEP were you asking or saying that’s the one? I don’t know I’ve never replaced that one

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know, You said one was the front bearing, wyatt said it was the rear so I posted a pic of the rear in case it helped identify it.

Etowah