What's new

New to the game

pjk0159

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After being a lurker her for a while, I finally decided to own my very own car wash one day..sooner rather than later. Having said that, I wanted to ask the experts here some questions if you're interested enough to answer.

Being in southern California, a touchless washer brand that shows up often (and that I've have positive experiences) seems to be the Laserwash 360.. So my questions are:

1) Is the Laserwash 360 the best in in biz? Are there any decent competitors at a good price range?
2) I was quoted for above via Fastech with a rough "all-in" cost of about $286k (Cost of setup ~$247k, installation ~$32k, installation kit $7k). This sounds very expensive from a non-professional standpoint--am I getting ripped off?
3) Does anyone have any experience with Chinese brands from Alibaba, such as Leisu360, SinoStar, Risense, etc.? Are they worth exploring? They look like total knockoffs, but boy do they sound like a bargain compared to my Laser360 quote!!

I currently do not have a location yet.. just doing my homework while I'm looking around.

Thanks!

PrecisionPyro

Reaction score
Find a Wash World Distributor & get a Tazor. Should save you $100k & service is tremendous
And while you've got them figuring out how to get you an electro muscular disruption device, ask about their Razor IBA's as well. 😉

Taser is probably a good idea when the Razor is installed and you're collecting all that cash!

pjk0159

Reaction score
$286 is highway robbery! Do not buy Chinese, no matter what!! Who would EVER WORK ON IT?!😰🤪🙄
Find a Wash World Distributor & get a Tazor. Should save you $100k & service is tremendous
Wow I knew it!! Thanks for your replies everyone.. Now the cost seems more aligned with my expectations.. Looks like there's a distributor nearby in Pomona in CA called SCWS. Will be contacting them soon.

Also what is a Tazor? Can't seem to find this on their website. Electro muscular disruption device? IBA?! o_Oo_Oo_O Are you guys trolling me? lol.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Anecdotally, I know a guy who put in some 360's and regrets having done so.

PrecisionPyro

Reaction score
Yes, he meant to say Razor. I derailed, Taser is the brand of stun gun police carry.
IBA is an abbreviation for In Bay Automatic, of which Razor from Wash World is a well regarded machine.

pjk0159

Reaction score
Yes, he meant to say Razor. I derailed, Taser is the brand of stun gun police carry.
IBA is an abbreviation for In Bay Automatic, of which Razor from Wash World is a well regarded machine.
Got it. I’ve reached out to wash world with high hopes. So glad I reached out to you guys..

On a separate note, is there a rule of thumb for the amount of revenue generated on an automatic bay vs a self wash bay? For example, would be reasonable to expect 2-3x more revenue on an automatic bay? Trying to work out my profitability chart.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Why is that?
He says they are temperamental and that when he ordered parts to fix one of them, it took a month and his machine was closed the whole time. Personally, if I was him in that latter situation, I'd be hitting up every car wash owner and distributor to get it.