What's new

New to me wash

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Put in another pretty full day yesterday. Nailed all the metal trim around the whole building because it was turning loose. Clean out the auto bay where a squatter had taken up residence. Cut a tree down that was against the building. Organized a little more in the pump room. Hauled off all the disgusting trash & almost have it smelling decent. It stayed pretty steady for a workday before 5. There is definitely a customer Base. I’ve been introducing myself & telling people we’re in the process of making improvements. Here it is lit up now vs how it’s been. It’s a little deceiving because it was so dark my camera went into night mode.

Attachments

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
The improved lighting looks good.

I really like the idea of buying a business that has a good foundation but has been run down - it leaves lots of opportunity to put in some hard work and get the reward. I'm still very much a novice, only 3 years in, but everything I have learned about our wash has been from fixing breakdowns and doing all the work on any improvements we have made. I'm sure you will learn lots by getting your own wash back into good shape. All the very best with your efforts.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Lighting looks great sounds like your on the right path. I think you will notice the customers will appreciate your efforts seeing you working so hard and seeing an improved product and experience.

I know I did at my last wash I purchased a year and half ago.....and still get thank yous and compliments.

You going to trim the tree back by the auto bay?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Actually already did lol. I just didn’t take any pictures. More cleaning & started painting the poles around the property. There was an older guy walking around when we got, he said man this place looks a lot cleaner. It’s coming slowly.

edredtop

Reaction score
You’re the man! Added to the list. Hit it pretty good today. His trash can set up was a mess & looong overdue for a legit cleaning. Place smelled like a hot bag of a$$. Hit the pump room hard & completely filled the bed of my f250 with junk. Tore out old falling apart shelves & added new. Changed the locks on the door. Replaced the old fluorescent light about door & vending with new leds. Spoke to a bunch of people & paid for a few washes. When I left every bay was full so that made me happy. Also adjusted the lights on timers to run until dawn vs just midnight. Is that good practice or do y’all have your’s go off during the night? It was really dark the other night with only 2 lights on the poles lit (out of 6 total bulbs) & none anywhere else. Bays have been converted over to led luckily. I’ll finish the pump room tomorrow & do more cleaning. I know the concrete is jacked, we’ve got someone coming to see what they can do.
Put half of my lights on motion sensors, when a car pulls up to a bay, the rest of the lights come on to welcome them...or warn them, HA!