What's new

New sign idea?

Bricks

Reaction score
SCRATCHLESS AUTOMATIC
$1 VACS

My cousin sent me pictures of his scratched up black truck from the local unlimited deal. TOUCHLESS just doesn’t get the point across. Don’t take offense if you have a machine with brushes. I’m just trying to help out our niche.

OurTown

Reaction score
SCRATCHLESS AUTOMATIC
$1 VACS

My cousin sent me pictures of his scratched up black truck from the local unlimited deal. TOUCHLESS just doesn’t get the point across. Don’t take offense if you have a machine with brushes. I’m just trying to help out our niche.

Has your cousin washed there since his truck was new?

Bricks

Reaction score
Has your cousin washed there since his truck was new?
No. This happened at a new wash. His truck is a 2019. They paid for damages. He said it was really loud when he went through and he knew it wasn’t going to be pretty.

Bricks

Reaction score
0AC4AB74-BF1F-4B49-A85D-7D1574C35E45.jpeg
I was getting a haircut and one of the stylist said “ I saw two scratches on my car. I don’t know where they came from. It HAD to be the carwash.”
It was at that moment I decided, no friction washes for me.

washnshine

Reaction score
Why promote yourself at the expense of others? Just say something positive about yourself.
I agree 100% with madstack.

I have a friction tunnel and could put a sign up that says no-scratch automatic, and so could a bunch of operators on this site that have friction IBA’s because we don’t scratch cars either! I would not have loyal Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche (yes, I have many of each) washing with me if was damaging paint. In fact, people who own cheaper cars would not stand for that either!
The picture you posted does not look like car wash induced brush marks to me. It would extend further down the side of the car. Properly operated and maintained friction washes do not do this and it would be best not to lump all operators of friction machines into the category of damaging paint if they are not guilty of doing so.

I am surrounded by some poorly maintained and poorly run touch free automatics that deliver terrible results. I never, with a sign or verbally, criticize any touchless competitor because they are not all poorly run and I don’t want to categorize the good touch free operators with the bad. The customers can and will figure that out.
Again, point out what you do well and avoid signage/comments/attitudes that criticize your competition. Let your work speak for itself - that is what your quality/successful competitors are already doing anyway!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Stupid for the industry to shoot itself in the foot. Years ago when cloth came in there was a display with petrified filament next to a piece of cloth to show how gentle the cloth was. Then a company marketed "Lambswool" and basically had the same display butnow the cloth was petrified as well and their was a piece of the new lambswool. Bottom lie is the cleaning material - filament and cloth , if properly flushed with soap solution which also lubricates it will not cause scratches. It's gentler than the toothbrush many detailers use.

washnshine

Reaction score
Stupid for the industry to shoot itself in the foot. Years ago when cloth came in there was a display with petrified filament next to a piece of cloth to show how gentle the cloth was. Then a company marketed "Lambswool" and basically had the same display butnow the cloth was petrified as well and their was a piece of the new lambswool. Bottom lie is the cleaning material - filament and cloth , if properly flushed with soap solution which also lubricates it will not cause scratches. It's gentler than the toothbrush many detailers use.
Never made sense to me why a manufacturer would bash one way or the other way of washing.
Ryko started out as purely a friction company - now they make touchless as well. Same thing with Belanger. PDQ and washworld stared out as purely touchfree companies - now they no the make friction machines as well. And the the list go on to companies that offer both in their equipment line up.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Well, if Bricks is a family owned local business, about to go bankrupt by a equity group ownes tunnel..

Then i say do whatever you got to, that is legal. It is a FIGHT. NO rules in a fight.

Bricks

Reaction score
Well, if Bricks is a family owned local business, about to go bankrupt by a equity group ownes tunnel..

Then i say do whatever you got to, that is legal. It is a FIGHT. NO rules in a fight.
It’s just a sign that highlights the Greatest Attribute of a “Touchless “ wash…no mention of others, at all.