What's new

New Razor Double Barrel, options.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Howdy Yall,
I am in the process of getting pricing for a new machine and am strongly considering the new Razor Double Barrel. Does anyone have any opinions on this equipment? Also, Are there any must have options or must nots?

Hyperflex?
Spectra Ray?
Under Carriage with power towers?
Big Shot Chemical Tire Application?
Tri Color Foam?
Foam N Flow?

Why are there so many dang options?

soonermajic

Reaction score
HyperFlex: yes
SpectraRay: yes
Undercarriage:yes / Power tower:no
Big Shot: no
Triple Foam: absolutely
FoamNflow: NO. Use the RainBar option, via the HyperFlex (on Edge models). FoamNflo sucks & costs $3500 more!

Roz

Reaction score
Hyperflex? Yes
Spectra Ray? Yes as customers like the show
Under Carriage with power towers? Definitely as it helps you stand out from tunnels and gas station box washes. People ask about UC!
Big Shot Chemical Tire Application? No just something that people can complain about if the rims are not perfectly clean.
Tri Color Foam? Definitely
Foam N Flow? When the curtain works it looks awesome and impressive to customers. It does take some work to make the curtain look like the WW video (where they used a fortune of chemicals to get that perfect curtain) - and many owners just give up. My WW rep was able to help us perfect our curtain by using two injector ports on the Razor. It's a bit complicated but we can explain how to achieve the curtain if you need help after your Razor arrives. We use two containers of the same polish at different mix ratios to make the magic happen. Have not spent time to figure out why it helps but I can see the resulting difference when we made the change.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Great advice from Roz. But Im gonna disagree vehemently on the FoamnFlo. Ive talked to about 7/8 Edge owners, & everyone said they do NOT like it, as there are a plethora of issues. So many, in fact, that WW techs told me to use the set up I described. That's where i got the idea in the 1st place, & it barely uses any Ceramic.

Roz

Reaction score
And note that you need a taller ceiling as machine rides higher in the bay.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve seen the power towers in use and they pack quite a punch - nice of you have heavy mud and/or snow and ice seasons.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
We love the power tower and UC that comes with our Profile. When discussing the new Razor that will be installed hopefully in the next month or so with our distributor, he recommended not to get the Foam n'Flow, but just the Hyperflex because it can do the same thing, and faster.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. This is a ton of help I can probably save 8k by not getting the foam n flow and the big shot wheel cleaner. Which is pretty dang good in my book. Anyone else have reservations about getting the brand new Double Barrel setup? I kinda thought I might as well get the newest and latest since it is not much more expensive.

slash007

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. This is a ton of help I can probably save 8k by not getting the foam n flow and the big shot wheel cleaner. Which is pretty dang good in my book. Anyone else have reservations about getting the brand new Double Barrel setup? I kinda thought I might as well get the newest and latest since it is not much more expensive.
I honestly really like the Lumen Arch, and you lose that on the double barrel. Not sure what difference in cleaning you will get overall to offset the cost.

Sudsitup

Reaction score
Hyperflex? Yes
Spectra Ray? Yes as customers like the show
Under Carriage with power towers? Definitely as it helps you stand out from tunnels and gas station box washes. People ask about UC!
Big Shot Chemical Tire Application? No just something that people can complain about if the rims are not perfectly clean.
Tri Color Foam? Definitely
Foam N Flow? When the curtain works it looks awesome and impressive to customers. It does take some work to make the curtain look like the WW video (where they used a fortune of chemicals to get that perfect curtain) - and many owners just give up. My WW rep was able to help us perfect our curtain by using two injector ports on the Razor. It's a bit complicated but we can explain how to achieve the curtain if you need help after your Razor arrives. We use two containers of the same polish at different mix ratios to make the magic happen. Have not spent time to figure out why it helps but I can see the resulting difference when we made the change.
Roz, how do you like your Istobal?

soonermajic

Reaction score
We love the power tower and UC that comes with our Profile. When discussing the new Razor that will be installed hopefully in the next month or so with our distributor, he recommended not to get the Foam n'Flow, but just the Hyperflex because it can do the same thing, and faster.
That's what i just described.

Roz

Reaction score
It's a workhorse and the direct cost to wash a car is low which is BIG plus.

On the con side it is not as user friendly system to program as the Razor (I am spoiled by WashWorld Razor management from owner perspective). Once you get it programmed I never have to look at the program. I have the ability to control it remotely.

Our customer base splits between the Razor and the M22 60/40. No idea why, just perception and preconceived notion as to which cleans better - but we price them the same and allow app users to use either machine with their app purchases.

We tend to sell our machines at the 5 year mark so if you are interested in an M22 at a 50% savings let me know....

Sudsitup

Reaction score
It's a workhorse and the direct cost to wash a car is low which is BIG plus.

On the con side it is not as user friendly system to program as the Razor (I am spoiled by WashWorld Razor management from owner perspective). Once you get it programmed I never have to look at the program. I have the ability to control it remotely.

Our customer base splits between the Razor and the M22 60/40. No idea why, just perception and preconceived notion as to which cleans better - but we price them the same and allow app users to use either machine with their app purchases.

We tend to sell our machines at the 5 year mark so if you are interested in an M22 at a 50% savings let me know....
Thanks Roz, I am considering the Flex 5 Three brush or a Razor. I currently have a Wizard and shes tired and Coleman hasnt updated anything for some time. Just dont wan the old technology even though its 18 yrs old and still running.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I honestly really like the Lumen Arch, and you lose that on the double barrel. Not sure what difference in cleaning you will get overall to offset the cost.
I liked my Lumen Arch until it got wrecked 8 months ago, WW still hasn't replaced it.. they only send them out to new customers I guess.

Power towers are a YES. I'd maybe only do the 3 nozzle version instead of the 5 though.
I'd say no to Foam N Flow and I have that option.
I'd be worried about the Big Shot as well, upsell opportunity but people are going to complain.

Roz

Reaction score
Thanks Roz, I am considering the Flex 5 Three brush or a Razor. I currently have a Wizard and shes tired and Coleman hasnt updated anything for some time. Just dont wan the old technology even though its 18 yrs old and still running.
You might consider a Profile, no rails on the floor and easy programming.

Roz

Reaction score
I liked my Lumen Arch until it got wrecked 8 months ago, WW still hasn't replaced it.. they only send them out to new customers I guess.

Power towers are a YES. I'd maybe only do the 3 nozzle version instead of the 5 though.
I'd say no to Foam N Flow and I have that option.
I'd be worried about the Big Shot as well, upsell opportunity but people are going to complain.
Lumen Arch is a great show until the lights stop working and WW will not replace them. The LEDs do not last. Had a similar issue with their floor lighting. Not worth the extra expense given the poor quality control of the lights and the WW lack of any warrantee for them beyond 90 days.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
That's why I didn't order the Edge, but just the Razor. I had heard that there are alot of problems with the lights and they are always needing to be fixed or replaced. I don't care about giving the customers a light show. They're there to get their car washed and if they want entertainment, they can play with their phones or scream at their kids in the backseat! :)

Roz

Reaction score
Actually it is due to the light show that several parents have said they drive out of their way to our wash so the kids are entertained.

No idea how many have that same sentiment but have been told by several customers.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Actually it is due to the light show that several parents have said they drive out of their way to our wash so the kids are entertained.
Yeah I agree, the light show brings a lot of people with kids in... I think it increases wash quality perception as well since it looks more technologically advanced.

Reactions: Roz