What's new

New Petit is here.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Nice! I was in your position a few weeks ago. Are you installing it yourself?

Etowah

APW

Reaction score
Don't be throwin that lumber away after uncrating as you can fetch a pretty penny for it these days LOL :ROFLMAO:
No doubt! Might turn around and sell it and recoup some of my money. Lol

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I am. I flew up twice and spent a week with them installing two machines. I will officially be a Petit distributor after I install this one.
Nice! Wish you the best! I love my machine although I will say there has been some small issues to work out but I guess that happens with any new machine as things wear in, etc.

How long are you anticipating the install will take? Are you doing it alone?

Etowah

APW

Reaction score
Nice! Wish you the best! I love my machine although I will say there has been some small issues to work out but I guess that happens with any new machine as things wear in, etc.

How long are you anticipating the install will take? Are you doing it alone?
There will be two of us. Petit said to plan on 200 man hours to install it. If I would go ahead and quit my day job things would go a lot faster!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
There will be two of us. Petit said to plan on 200 man hours to install it. If I would go ahead and quit my day job things would go a lot faster!
Just giving you a little bit of input from my experience. My distributor has a tech which is phenomenal. Petit said it would take three weeks IIRC, my distributor said he never saw his tech take longer than a week. In the end I think it was about two weeks and three days. My tech had a hand helping him probably 40% of the days.

Reactions: APW

wyatt

Reaction score
Mine showed up today as well! Hoping for only a two week install 🤞, it's the first one in my state so it is also the local distributors first time installing a Petit on their own.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just giving you a little bit of input from my experience. My distributor has a tech which is phenomenal. Petit said it would take three weeks IIRC, my distributor said he never saw his tech take longer than a week. In the end I think it was about two weeks and three days. My tech had a hand helping him probably 40% of the days.

Wow, that's a long install time. I've seen experienced Coleman techs install a water wizard 2.0 in four days with three people on the first two days, two on the following days. Different animal I know, but the labor on a two man three week install is probably pretty hefty.

SuperShine

Reaction score
What kind of issues Car Wash Guy?
How’s it cleaning and what soaps are you using with your Petit?
Thanks

Martins

Reaction score
Sooo jelly, I want one so bad. but i dont think my wash is gonna fit it. Cant wait to see it in action! hows the install coming?

APW

Reaction score
Sooo jelly, I want one so bad. but i dont think my wash is gonna fit it. Cant wait to see it in action! hows the install coming?
Its going good. All the equipment is set and halfway wired and plumbed in. How wide and long is your bay?

Etowah