What's new

New owner need your help

Tbone777

Reaction score
One month as new owner of 40-year-old wash. 7 bays, 20-year-old Mark VII equipment. Quite a learning curve. I have 2 bays next to each other which seem the have the same problem. Low pressure for the wand. Reading about 900psi on gauge. Feels very weak compared to the other bays. I noticed yesterday, while operating in high pressure soap or rinse, that the foam gun was also dispensing at a low flow. This is happening on both bays 1 and 2. Any help as what to look for would be most appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
Weep system check valves. Post pictures and someone can point them out.

Tbone777

Reaction score
There is only one check valve that I can find at the pump stand. I assume this is the weep system check? Is this a off the shelf spring check or is it specific to the car wash equipment? Thank you for responding! IMG_2984.JPG

Twodose

Reaction score
That is not a check valve, it is a pressure regulator or unloader, there looks to be a check valve under that, with the green hose attached to it, and another on the line that is after the red, yellow, clear LP lines < the chrome fitting.

MEP001

Reaction score
This is probably your weep check valve.

IMG_2984.JPG

The quickest way to check it is to remove the tubing from the fitting and run the pump. There are most likely more at the boom that can go bad and cause this problem, you would check them the same way.