What's new

New Meter Boxes and Crypto Pay

Etowah

spf8298

Reaction score
We finally bit the bullet and ordered new meter boxes with crypto pay card readers and dixmor LED7 display timers on them. We got all the new equipment through Dultmeier. Our old meter boxes were wired to IDX Bigtime displays with the IDX AT411 accumulating timers placed in our equipment room.

My question is a pretty general one....how involved will this installation be? We’re gonna have to physically break out some concrete to get the new larger meter boxes in, and I’m ok with that part. I have a good plan for that. However, I’m having trouble visualizing how it will be wired to control functions versus what we currently have installed. I’m assuming with LED7 timer that our new meter boxes have won’t be wired an external timer in our equipment room like before?

Can anyone simplify this for me? Maybe I’m making it more difficult than it should be, but I want to have a good plan in place for the install, and wiring is not my strong point.

MEP001

Reaction score
It will work much simpler than it does now. You will remove the timers in the room, everything will be timed in the box. You'll only need power to the box and function leads back to the room. Just write down what color wires go where and put them in the proper spots in the new boxes.

spf8298

Reaction score
It will work much simpler than it does now. You will remove the timers in the room, everything will be timed in the box. You'll only need power to the box and function leads back to the room. Just write down what color wires go where and put them in the proper spots in the new boxes.
That's what I was hoping. Looking forward to completing this upgrade.

Shaun