What's new

New IBA called Plover

DiamondWash

Reaction score
This should be interesting.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
The page makes it look more like a start-up company than an actual machine sales site, there are no videos on YouTube of their unit, and the description in your link to the site doesn't even mention equipment - "Plover, Inc. builds tools for running your carwash including payment processing, promotions and subscription programs."

MC3033

Reaction score
I gotta say that looks pretty damn cool. Obviously not practical unless they just aren’t showing a big part of the unit. Imagine how long that thing would take for all the necessary applications of a touch free.

OurTown

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how long the wash times are and how well it holds up to a good presoak. Also they obviously don't know much about car washing or vehicles in general. With all that negativity said it is a pretty cool idea and might fill a niche somewhere.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I gotta say that looks pretty damn cool. Obviously not practical unless they just aren’t showing a big part of the unit. Imagine how long that thing would take for all the necessary applications of a touch free.
Interesting concept but it will take a few iterations to make it efficient, expedient and fully functional, I believe.

Randy

Reaction score
Here's a link to their web site I wonder how much it costs. I'm only couple of houirs from Portland Oregon, I should go down to there production plant and check it out.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how long the wash times are and how well it holds up to a good presoak. Also they obviously don't know much about car washing or vehicles in general. With all that negativity said it is a pretty cool idea and might fill a niche somewhere.
3.5-7min depending on the wash setup. 10-12cph with drying. Not a Petit but not bad at all.

the LiDAR scanning with super high resolution 3D scanning allows for very close passes which they say saves about 50% of chemical and water compared to a standard touch free.

The bi-annual maintenance is what caught my attention -besides weekly hose and nozzle inspections. Super compact pump stand and quick 2 day installation included in the purchase price. 😳

super early to be sure but it looks to be taking shape quickly. They’ve already made the spray arm longer that the one in the teaser vid.

Last edited:

jfmoran

Reaction score
Company is 4 years old and that video is a year old...

1622737241216.png

SuperShine

Reaction score
We will see it in action when it’s installed next month at Clean Planet Car Wash.
More vids are said to be coming soon.

I think they focused on Payment systems a few years ago.

washnshine

Reaction score
Does look very cool - might be the next generation of the inverted “L” machine someday. Looks like it could have come to fruition as an MIT engineering project.