What's new

New Equipment

water guy

Reaction score
We are kicking the rock around about replacing our selfserve equipment. Does anyone have a favorite that they would change to. Thanks

slash007

Reaction score
I love my Jim Coleman Pump stands, not sure what makes other so much better. Very easy to work on and very reliable. Maybe I just dont' know better?

MEP001

Reaction score
Carolina Pride is severely overbuilt compared to Coleman's Super Saver.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
First issue is what HAS TO BE replaced? Tanks hold stuff, Pumps pump stuff etc.

Randy

Reaction score
We are kicking the rock around about replacing our selfserve equipment. Does anyone have a favorite that they would change to. Thanks
What makes you think you need to replace your equipment? How old is it and who is it made by? My Self-serve pumping was made in 1982 and is still in service today.

water guy

Reaction score
This is a very good thread with a lot of good owner operators knowledge. Thanks again for all your comments and keep them coming. I currently am using ginsan champion since 04 and feel it has come that time.

soapy

Reaction score
My equipment was running fine but several years ago I up graded all the coin boxes to accept credit cards and bills. When I put the new coin boxes in everyone thought I had put in all new equipment.

BuggyB

Reaction score
"Equipment" is a bit vague.
Practically speaking I would look at it in terms of back room equipment (pumps, chemical delivery, etc) and in-bay equipment (booms,wands/functions/money etc.)

The back room stuff never really goes bad it just goes through its maintenance lifespan.
In bay really boils down to look and function. Are there specific functions you feel you need to add, or just trying to give the site a "new" look?
Without a more concrete reason I wouldn't be able to justify the cost of a completely new system.

I distribute equipment and were I to visit your site I can't imagine I would propose you buy a complete new system.
Sites that I own and operate have Ginsan and Dilling/Harris "equipment" from the 70's and 80s. Obviously not much is original except the pumpstands themselves and we've added a number of features over the years but it has always made more sense to upgrade in that fashion compared to ditching everything and starting with a complete new system.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Carolina Pride is severely overbuilt compared to Coleman's Super Saver.
Mep I like you buddy have alot of respect but you are sadly mistaken and I agree with alot of your methods and tips but as far as a Carolina pride pumpstand its as simple as it gets literally I could never tell someone such. It's like. Basic self serve 101. They build a clean system no doubt. You may be thinking of dilling & Harris.

A Coleman you need a football feild equipment room to fit all that stuff in a ME room I have never understood there meaning behind "SuperSaver" to each there own. I have seen many of both in the Wild. All my pumpstands are super old school southern prides.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep I like you buddy have alot of respect but you are sadly mistaken and I agree with alot of your methods and tips but as far as a Carolina pride pumpstand its as simple as it gets literally I could never tell someone such. It's like. Basic self serve 101. They build a clean system no doubt.
I meant they build the equipment way more sturdy than it needs to be, with things like stainless pipe manifolds that are also welded. That's a good thing because you know it'll never fail. The only things I don't like about CP equipment is that the Hydrominders are above the tank lids and if you push the stand against the wall the motors are a bitch to replace.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I meant they build the equipment way more sturdy than it needs to be, with things like stainless pipe manifolds that are also welded. That's a good thing because you know it'll never fail. The only things I don't like about CP equipment is that the Hydrominders are above the tank lids and if you push the stand against the wall the motors are a bitch to replace.
Mep now I feel like a prick lol you got to have a 5 gallon soap barrel to stand on or you wouldn't be a Official Carwash Tech.

Roz

Reaction score
Have you tried looking at Oasis Car Wash Systems?
Does anyone have firsthand experience with their JetStream SS equipment? We are looking at Oasis plus a few other firms with Direct Drive systems. The JetStream is not direct drive - traditional CAT w/belt. Pros/Cons/Feedback on JetStream?