What's new

Need help vandalizing my vac haha

Etowah

Crommel62

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a bunch of fragramatics combo vacs, they all have the van style lock/key. One of the vacs is pushing 15 years old and the lock is broken. It will not unlock. I've tried multiple spare keys. I called fragramatics, she told me that my HH model locks are stainless steel and cannot be drilled out. She sold me a reset key. That didn't work. Any advice on how to get in there? It's been like this for a few weeks. But wouldn't you know it, I just got a quarter jam and there's no way to get in there haha. I need tips on how to break in!

MEP001

Reaction score
Just pry the door open and break it. Use a couple of flat bars and take tare and you won't leave any visible damage to the unit. It's not worth the time, effort or cost to drill them IMO. I just had a whole Fragramatics unit ripped off the island and dragged into the weeds behind the wash and the front door broken into, and there's no visible damage to the unit except for the dome decal a little scuffed up and all three locks broken. The unit was not even wired and had no hoses or coin tray - hopefully the guy felt like an idiot.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yeah, Do what MEP says. Fragramatics goes to all that trouble to sell that expensive lock with the funky key when someone can pry the door open in twenty seconds.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, Do what MEP says. Fragramatics goes to all that trouble to sell that expensive lock with the funky key when someone can pry the door open in twenty seconds.
I will always use that expensive lock with the funky key after learning about the tool that will allow anyone to open a tubular key lock in five seconds. The Van lock is one of the most difficult locks there is to pick open, so you'll never have to worry that someone opens the door and sticks something in your machine to catch your coins. I will never have only an unprotected tubular key lock protecting anything.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Miles your criminals are much more sophisticated then mine. The prybar is their tool of choice.

water guy

Reaction score
INCREDIBLE These Criminals seem like they get more and more destructive.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Miles your criminals are much more sophisticated then mine. The prybar is their tool of choice.
No one's hit any of my equipment with the tool, although I expect it to happen at some point. I just don't want to leave any exposed since someone could open the door and close it again without damage. So many things like that are happening nowadays, like card skimmers put into gas pumps because they all take the same key. FWIW I have replaced the Van locks with Gem cam locks on a Fragramatics unit and they fit and work great at about 30% of the cost.

Crommel62

Reaction score
You were right. I took a flat crowbar to the door and it popped right open. Actually a little alarming how easy it was haha.