What's new

Narrow bay IBA

Chris7406

Reaction score
I have a 13'4" bay that currently has an istobal m22 in it. I'd like to replace it with something similar but clearly the issue is how narrow the bay is. Anyone know if there is anything out there that will fit aside from what I'm currently running? Also tossing the idea around of a mini tunnel but I think there may be even more width issues with that option. I'd love to just tear the building down and start over but that'll never happen. Appreciate any input.

OurTown

Reaction score
Do your brushes touch the walls?

Chris7406

Reaction score
Do your brushes touch the walls?
On the first pass they do because they tilt. I disabled that feature because it would pick up on the resistance touching the wall so it thought the brushes were on the vehicle. Straight up and down they don't.

mac

Reaction score
Chris, am curious why you are replacing it. Is it a cleaning or maintenance issue? I have seen a couple of places with tight bays where the track that holds the hoses is placed over the machine rather than next to.

Chris7406

Reaction score
It's a good machine, just too many problems. We get probably 3 different faults every day and always something new. I've talked with Natale in support and he is absolutely fantastic but it's to the point where even he can't do much. This machine was a Frankenstein before I took it over.

mac

Reaction score
Well it makes sense now. These are complicated machines and if you get incompetent people installing and then working on them, you have a real problem. You might be able to sell it on ebay for parts.

Lothian

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently purchased a gas station with a self and full serve carwash. The full serve car wash is a very old Autec unit and in need of constant repair. I would like to replace it with another full serve but have the same limitation as Chris7406 (above), my bay's width is 13'4". I have searched many manufacturers but can't find a unit one that'll fit my bay. Do any of you have any thoughts about what'll fit?
BTW, the length is 34' and height 10'6"
Thanks!

mac

Reaction score
Istobal has an Express on rails with their M1 that might work.

Lothian

Reaction score
Thanks Mac....waiting to hear back from Istobal.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Mark 7 softwash xt will fit with narrow bay option. The one we have has been very reliable and is reset and serviced less than our freestylers. I would say IB would also speak highly of it. That being said there haven’t been any problems with our freestylers that we can’t fix and we have had to call the distributor for a few things on the xt.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I owned Dakota's machine for the first two years of its life. It was the most reliable piece of equipment I think I ever owned. I think the only breakdown I had in those two years was the emergency stop switch. I found the switch on Zoro for $14.

Lothian

Reaction score
Thanks for the leads....I'm following up with the companies.