What's new

My biggest car wash challenge...

CWMan

Reaction score
My biggest car wash challenge is keeping the bleeping Rowe changers working!!!

I have two changers, and both quit working at the same time. Again. I can clear the error and it will work for awhile, but as soon as I leave.... SSDD!

I've called several changer experts. They all say something different. It could be this, or could be that. Did you try switching all the parts from one to another and see if it clears?? Is this really the best advice I can get?

Specifically the error message is "BKT PWR FLT".

Beyond the specifics of my problem, how do you all maintain these pricey headaches?

I usually end of shipping parts around the country, which is costly and very slooooow.

Thanks for any advice.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
When I had that error, I had to run a new power line to the changers and on a seperate breaker. Since I did that they have not shut down on that error. Probably about 4 years by now.

Before I got around to running a new circuit to the changers, I ran them on an extension cord plugged into another circuit. That eliminated the promlem also.

Cheap and easy for you to try.

Tim01

Reaction score
Do you have a distributor that can do tune-ups on the changers? Whenever I have the changer problems and have tried fixing it multiple times, but still failed I'll just let my distributor tune it up. It costs $60-75 but well worth the time and headache. They let me borrow one in the meantime too. Each tune up allows me to run the changer for 4 to 6 months. I find that well worth the cost. :)

CWMan

Reaction score
Tim01 - I don't have a capable distributor nearby... otherwise, that would be perfect.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
That was one of my biggest challenges so I replaced my Rowe's with Mars parts. It cost me $700 per machine and was well worth it.

CWMan

Reaction score
This machine has a Mars validator. Changing that part was a huge improvement. This seems to be a power issue.

Thanks to Ghetto Wash I may have found a problem with the outlet which the surge protector that supplies the changer is plugged into.

I'll update this thread when I know for sure. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

CWMan

Reaction score
Final update.... The power outlet was in fact the problem. Thank you everyone for offering ideas. I love this forum.