What's new

Mixed denomination Bill Counter

OurTown

Reaction score
I could make a very long list of things that banks used to do for free that they now either don't do at all or charge money to do. Why is it even legal for them to charge $535 for a bag of 2000 quarters or 500 dollar coins? My fiancée's credit union is the only place in town that takes mixed loose coins for deposit without charge, even then only a limited amount at a time. None of the national banks even have a coin counter.

One thing I am happy about is that all of our CU branches have in lobby self serve coin counters that directly deposit. Sometimes they are down and when they are it is frustrating because that is the only way they accept coin deposits.

Mchas

Reaction score
Outta curiosity, why don't yall just let your bank count it? They csn do it in about 5/6 minutes!
They are a BANK...COUNTING $$ IS WHAT THEY DO!
I had a bank teller steal money from me once (actually probably more than once) by doing this. He took a handful of bills and put them under the counter. I knew how much it should have been and it was way short. I called him out on it and he magically “found” the rest. Never again.

Jonathan

Reaction score
The RIBAO BCS-160 works in a similar efficient manner. When you feed a stack of mixed bills into it, it sorts one denomination into the primary pocket, ejecting any others into a secondary pocket.
It's particularly convenient because it stops counting once it reaches the preset limit, which makes bundling the bills straightforward.

For instance, if you start with a stack of mixed bills and the first one is a $20, it will count all the $20s into the top pocket until it hits the limit, then pause for you to bundle them before continuing.

I've been using the RIBAO BCS-160 for some time now, and it's been incredibly reliable. It does require occasional maintenance – mainly cleaning the rollers – and I've had it serviced once, but it's been absolutely worth it for the time saved and its precision.

You'll likely find numerous videos online demonstrating its functionality. The RIBAO BCS-160 is a solid choice, comparable to what many banks use, offering robust construction and reliable performance.

EDIT: If you're seriously considering purchasing a money counter, I recommend checking out the RIBAO official website for the BCS-160. Buying directly from RIBAO ensures you get a brand-new, top-quality machine, with prices typically around $1150. While this might be a bit more than refurbished models, the advantages of purchasing new are significant.

Be sure to check out some demo videos on their website to see the RIBAO BCS-160 in action. It's an investment that could greatly enhance the efficiency and accuracy of cash handling in your business, backed by strong customer support and free future-proof software updates.