What's new

MEI Bill acceptor error.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
MEI Bill Accepter in Combo Vac. Single pulse error - Bill path jammed - No jam present. Removed Bill cartridge, and sensors and cleaned . Cycles several times and same error. Ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll have to send it for repair. I send them to AECO Sales, for about $100 they come back like new. I just bought another refurbished unit off eBay, $240 and it also looks like new.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My unit has a sticker that says AE 2412 U3 an the KR Catalog specs AE2412 U3E does that "E" make a difference?

MEP001

Reaction score
The last letter just denotes the harness it originally shipped with. The U3E comes with the 9 pin VFM harness, yours came with none.

Roz

Reaction score
There is a guy on eBay who sells refurnished MEI U5 acceptors for about $100. Seems to have a large supply (user name is

games-people-play-and-more

games-people-play-and-more . First unit shipped had an issue, he immediately replaced it and apologized for the oversight.

Before you discard the problem unit take apart the three components as we once had a small piece of a bill stuck in a location that was not normally visible.

Randy

Reaction score
Earl your problem is with the lower PCB board inside the lower bill transport, it’s probably corroded, there’s nothing you can do to fix it, we see that problem a lot. Crane CPI/MEI no longer makes the AE2412 or the VN2512 series validators and will be discontinuing the AE2600 series before too much longer. The “E” at the end of model number signifies that the validator is MDB compatible, 110 volt validators are not MDB compatible. Be very careful buying validators off of EBay, a lot of the validators on EBay are worn out junk. You’re not going to get a properly rebuilt or refurbished on EBay for $100, unless they are calling a wipe down with a damp rag a rebuild. Ask the EBay seller if they stating that the validator is rebuilt or refurbished if they put on new LED housings or checked for errors when they recalibrated the validator, if they say no then they didn’t rebuild or refurbished it. I fixed a validator yesterday with a “Bill path jammed” error. The parts alone were $101.46. Since Crane CPI bought MEI/Mars parts have gone up every time we order parts.

Randy

Reaction score
That’s interesting information MEP, thanks for sharing that. Lately the AE2612 and AE2602 validators that we’ve been getting have a MDB harness installed. The AE2361 validators have always had a single price harness which is pretty much useless for a car wash application.