What's new

Medeco plug lock removal from T Handle

Natchez2012

Reaction score
Last week my wash was visited in the middle of the night. They tried to break into my Changer by drilling out one of the two locks. Attached is a picture of the lock. They managed to cause enough damage so that I can not use the key. I just ordered 2 new locks but I need suggestions on how to remove the damaged plug lock.

I was able to get the license plate from when they came by earlier to scope out the locks. Hoping to hear from the police that they have found t

Attachments

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of attempted break ins at car washes last few months. Anybody else seen an uptick in attempts?

PrecisionPyro

Reaction score
Last week my wash was visited in the middle of the night. They tried to break into my Changer by drilling out one of the two locks. Attached is a picture of the lock. They managed to cause enough damage so that I can not use the key. I just ordered 2 new locks but I need suggestions on how to remove the damaged plug lock.

I was able to get the license plate from when they came by earlier to scope out the locks. Hoping to hear from the police that they have found t
Have you tried a needle file set and clean up the burrs? Doesn't look like there's much other reason you couldn't use your key to remove.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of attempted break ins at car washes last few months. Anybody else seen an uptick in attempts?

Had one last week on a bay meter box door. First time in three and a half years of ownership. They were armatures for sure and didn't get any money but caused some damage. We got the license plates but of course they were reported stolen.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been expecting something since I always see an increase right around Christmas, but nothing's been touched.

Randy

Reaction score
Yes, we are seeing a lot of attempted break-ins. Mostly at laundromats for some reason. In the last 2 weeks I got called out for 3 coin box touchings at 3 different car washes.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Seeing an uptick in the since covid started, No longer suspicious to walk around with a mask on doesn't help.

Reactions: JCM

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Seeing an uptick in the since covid started, No longer suspicious to walk around with a mask on doesn't help.
We're seeing an uptick also. Seems like at least once or twice a week I get calls from people for parts/repairs due vandalism. It seems like prior to Covid it was maybe once a month. Unfortunately, in many cases either the insurance company fights the claim or the wash owner doesn't want to submit the claim for fear of rates going up and/or being cancelled.