What's new

Medco plug lock replacement

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I have 4 keyed alike Medco plug locks. I need to replace one. I have the tag with the key # and barcode. How/where can I get a replacement?

Randy

Reaction score
The key blanks are protected by Medeco so only the company who sold the lock can have a lock or key made. What your going to have to do is contact the company who sold you the locks or the company who manufactured the equipment. They are normally a special order so be prepared to pay a premium.

washme1

Reaction score
The key blanks are protected by Medeco so only the company who sold the lock can have a lock or key made. What your going to have to do is contact the company who sold you the locks or the company who manufactured the equipment. They are normally a special order so be prepared to pay a premium.
If you don't know who sold you the lock, Medeco can tell you when you provide the key tag number

MEP001

Reaction score
Try Ra-Lock. If they can't order you another they can direct you to whoever can.

Randy

Reaction score
The 3 first numbers, letters on the key tag are who the key blank is assigned to. RAlock can tell you who the key blank is assigned to, they won’t make you a key or order you a lock with that key number. I recently sold a used bill changer and the customer wanted 2 extra keys for the locks. It was actually less expensive to buy new locks than it was going to be to have 2 more keys made. He wasn’t too happy, when found out that he couldn’t just go down to the local locksmith and get a couple of keys made.

Etowah

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The key blanks are protected by Medeco so only the company who sold the lock can have a lock or key made.
I think that is almost correct. Ra Lock will make locks without any proof of key ownership. They will not make a new key however.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think that is almost correct. Ra Lock will make locks without any proof of key ownership. They will not make a new key however.
That is correct. I have gotten several replacement locks from them, when it was a protected #. It's the key that is protected. Give them a call, they can take care of you.

Kevin James

Reaction score
We’ve tried to get RA lock to make some spare Medeco keys for us on couple of occasions, we had the key tag number and they wouldn’t do it, they said to call Hamilton and the other time they told us we needed to call Kleen-rite.

MEP001

Reaction score
We’ve tried to get RA lock to make some spare Medeco keys for us on couple of occasions, we had the key tag number and they wouldn’t do it, they said to call Hamilton and the other time they told us we needed to call Kleen-rite.
It's not that they wouldn't do it, it's because they couldn't. It's a protection system. That's exactly why in my first mention of them I said that if they can't do it they can tell you who to call. You just confirmed that.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Exactly. As has been said, if it's assigned to someone they can't get you a key. They can only get you a lock.