What's new

med pressure pre soak

Parker

Reaction score
I have a jim coleman power pack self serve unit and it use med pressure to apply the presoak and I have been thinking about getting rid of it and putting another air manifold and such in to put just product and air out into the bay. Is it worth it or can you get the pre soak to stick with med pressure?

dclark3344

Reaction score
They sold me the same crap 6 years ago. I threw a fit and for $1500 they came out added a multiplexer, procon pump, 8 soleniod air manifold and ran 2 additional lines out to the bay. The medium pressure uses too much chemical and water, and doesn't give you the concentration or adhesion that you need. My customers faithfully use the low pressure presoak which I call the Spay-N-Wash for cars apply the concentrated soap to the DRY car just like you do your spray-n-wash to you clothes.

MEP001

Reaction score
I also run a low-pressure presoak, 70 PSI and very lightly "agitated" with air. It gets used a lot, I'm sure partly because it cleans well, partly because it comes out fast enough that they can soak their cars in it quickly and they feel they're getting a good value.

I've tried out many different washes over the years, and the Coleman washes have always had the worst presoaks with the medium-pressure setup. You're absolutely right, it's too weak to clean. I've had operators tell me "Coleman set it up that way - they said the foam brush does all the cleaning, not the soap." Then why even have presoak and high-pressure soap at all?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Most Coleman washes I have seen set the presoak up way too weak. I used to set mine up with a red tip. You can titrate the end product. But you can also feel the solution and see if it has enough alkalinity. If it isn't slimy feeling it's not gonna be strong enough to remove road film.

The low pressure setups are more efficient.