What's new

LP functions running after stopped

Waihekecarwash

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum but finding it helpful.
My LP functions, Presoak and wax are running out the gun for approx 50 seconds after being shut off.
Changed manifold and solenoids and still doing it.
I have 2 SS bays and all doing the same.

MEP001

Reaction score
Coleman equipment? It's normal, but it shouldn't run that long.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check valves inline won't stop anything going out to the bay. I assume you have spot-free rinse? Do this test, run one of the LP functions for at least a minute, turn it off and wait for it to completely stop, then turn on the spot-free, let that run until it's completely clear, then turn that off. It should shut off instantly and completely because there should be nothing in the HP line except water. Now start a HP function - if any air or chemical comes out in the first few seconds, you have two problems: the pump has bad seals or valve o-rings, AND the check valve between the pump and the tank is bad, so the LP backs up into the HP line.

Damoni88

Reaction score
What about if your tire cleaner, and pre soak are taking way to long to come on? Like 30seconds or more. Have replaced all the regulators on tire cleaner and pre soak. Have not gotten on the roof yet to check the check valve. Ginsan equipment!

MEP001

Reaction score
GinSan equipment has a massive design flaw in that there isn't a separate adjustment for each Flojet pump, and they recommend the pressure is set at something like 45 PSI. I've gone through several GinSan washes and added separate regulators and turned the tire cleaner and presoak pressures up to 75/90 PSI respectively. It only takes about ten seconds for product to reach the wand.

I was experimenting at one wash and found that if I blew out the hose from the boom to the gun the LP would take less than five seconds to reach the tip, so I used an output of a PLC I was already installing to blow out each bay after it was idle for a couple minutes.

Damoni88

Reaction score
All mine are separate. I will try turning up pressure. Crazy cause foam brush is fine just pre soak and tire cleaner I'm having issues with

MEP001

Reaction score
A lot of the delay is because it has to push the water out of the hose first. That's why I run such a high pressure, you can get a good coverage with tire cleaner at 45 PSI but it just takes too long to reach the gun. The downside to running a high pressure on tire cleaner is that you pretty much have to have individual adjustments at least on the liquid or you'll go through too much liquid product.

Damoni88

Reaction score
So what do you recommend having chemical and air set at on tire cleaner and pre soak? Right now I'm at 40 chem 20 air

MEP001

Reaction score
I run presoak at 90 PSI, no adjustments for liquid plus I run that in 3/8" OD tube for the most flow. Air is set so it just barely foams at the tip, literally as low as possible and still see/hear the air.

Tire cleaner at 75 PSI, the flow has to be throttled back quite a bit per bay. Most of the GinSan equipment I've dealt with has the screw adjustments on tire cleaner, I don't try to fine tune those, I just open them 1/2 turn from closed and adjust the air to get a good foam that sticks to tires.

In both cases I set the liquid pressure as mentioned above, then when I adjust air to get what I want I constantly re-adjust the liquid pressure back to where I originally set it each time. Raising or lowering the air pressure will change the liquid pressure.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Update. Turned up the air pressure on tire cleaner and now coming out in 8 seconds every bay. One problem which I'm sure I know what its going to be is that tire cleaner is continuously coming out of bay4 when bay is stopped. I'm guessing stuck solenoid or bad check valve above bay.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Check for trash inside bay 4 solenoid. Its also possible that tire cleaner and pre soak can eat through brass solenoids if those are used.

MEP001

Reaction score
Definitely going to be a solenoid issue. Check valves allow flow one way, so if the tire cleaner is coming out in the bay the check valve isn't the problem.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
GinSan equipment has a massive design flaw in that there isn't a separate adjustment for each Flojet pump, and they recommend the pressure is set at something like 45 PSI. I've gone through several GinSan washes and added separate regulators and turned the tire cleaner and presoak pressures up to 75/90 PSI respectively. It only takes about ten seconds for product to reach the wand.

I was experimenting at one wash and found that if I blew out the hose from the boom to the gun the LP would take less than five seconds to reach the tip, so I used an output of a PLC I was already installing to blow out each bay after it was idle for a couple minutes.
Not true. It's recommended that the main pressure to the low pressure stand be set at 85psi and has been for as long as I can remember and I've been here 21yrs. I know a few of our former distributors had their own recommendations based on what chemical they were hawking but not us.

MEP001

Reaction score
Not true. It's recommended that the main pressure to the low pressure stand be set at 85psi and has been for as long as I can remember and I've been here 21yrs. I know a few of our former distributors had their own recommendations based on what chemical they were hawking but not us.
That may have been the case, I only remember what the equipment owners said they were told.