What's new

Low Pressure Additions

kdersch

Reaction score
A wash I am looking to buy current offers pre soak, foam brush, and tire cleaner low pressure options. If you were to add an option, which would you choose?

I'm debating keeping the HP wax and changing to another product (perhaps a ceramic type sealant) however if I add say Rain-x, I'm almost offering the same product twice. The other option I was considering (although quite pricey) was a triple foam application but I hear so many mixed reviews.

I only am looking for one suggestion because if I add a new selector knob to two of the bays, one of the options will be an air shamee. Two of the beds currently have air shamee's and one open selector.

The current system is (two bays):
Off
Tire Cleaner
Pre-soak
Soap
Foam Brush
Rinse
Wax
Spot Free

The current system is (two other bays):
Off
Off
Tire Cleaner
Pre-soak
Soap
Foam Brush
Rinse
Wax
Spot Free
Air Shamee

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
some refer to tri foam as " snake oil" but i love it. I use JBS glow foam. It's very popular with customers. The hp wax is awesome as are blowers. Great profit on blow dry time!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
My customers love the color-changing foam gun. A lot of them have figured out to apply it and agitate with their own rag which works to release the fine particles and make a deeper shine. The kids like the colors and their parents will let them play with it sometimes for five minutes. It's the lowest-cost chemical for me. It's critical IMO to put the foam gun in a good spot so they can find it. I use the Simoniz with UVP.

kdersch

Reaction score
My customers love the color-changing foam gun. A lot of them have figured out to apply it and agitate with their own rag which works to release the fine particles and make a deeper shine. The kids like the colors and their parents will let them play with it sometimes for five minutes. It's the lowest-cost chemical for me. It's critical IMO to put the foam gun in a good spot so they can find it. I use the Simoniz with UVP.
What is the ball park install for four (4) bays and what equipment would you recommend?

I'm between the tri-foam and adding an option such as rain-x or a ceramic type sealant and making sure I use a high quality HP wax for that slot. The remaining spot would be for a blower.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know of any equipment that I'd recommend. I've designed and built stuff working for a distributor as well as serviced stuff for 39 years. The best stuff is easy to work on and uses common components. I prefer individual solenoids over blocks, I like the Hydrominder tanks completely enclosed, I want a controller for the Flojet, and I want everything serviceable without having to spend an hour changing an air regulator (for example). No one makes equipment like that but me. I'm working on a project for someone, I'll post pictures when I can. It'll be really easy to copy.

I would be afraid to offer SS customers a RainX or sealant wax because they can easily seal a dirty car. With a trifoam conditioner, they can't do any harm. You can always offer both.

kdersch

Reaction score
I don't know of any equipment that I'd recommend. I've designed and built stuff working for a distributor as well as serviced stuff for 39 years. The best stuff is easy to work on and uses common components. I prefer individual solenoids over blocks, I like the Hydrominder tanks completely enclosed, I want a controller for the Flojet, and I want everything serviceable without having to spend an hour changing an air regulator (for example). No one makes equipment like that but me. I'm working on a project for someone, I'll post pictures when I can. It'll be really easy to copy.

I would be afraid to offer SS customers a RainX or sealant wax because they can easily seal a dirty car. With a trifoam conditioner, they can't do any harm. You can always offer both.
That is a very fair statement that makes Tri foam a safer bet. What are folks using as a wax type product that provides some visual benefit, such as beading, but isn't deterimental to a dirty car? I want there to be some perceived value in the product.

MEP001

Reaction score
What are folks using as a wax type product that provides some visual benefit, such as beading, but isn't deterimental to a dirty car?
Good question, I use Simoniz foam polish with UV protection which I need to market better.

Kwoelke

Reaction score
A wash I am looking to buy current offers pre soak, foam brush, and tire cleaner low pressure options. If you were to add an option, which would you choose?

I'm debating keeping the HP wax and changing to another product (perhaps a ceramic type sealant) however if I add say Rain-x, I'm almost offering the same product twice. The other option I was considering (although quite pricey) was a triple foam application but I hear so many mixed reviews.

I only am looking for one suggestion because if I add a new selector knob to two of the bays, one of the options will be an air shamee. Two of the beds currently have air shamee's and one open selector.

The current system is (two bays):
Off
Tire Cleaner
Pre-soak
Soap
Foam Brush
Rinse
Wax
Spot Free

The current system is (two other bays):
Off
Off
Tire Cleaner
Pre-soak
Soap
Foam Brush
Rinse
Wax
Spot Free
Air Shamee
Are you planning on building your own setups for the new low pressure? Or are you looking into the pre plumed/wired setups for them?

Kwoelke

Reaction score
I am open to either option.
I only ask because I too am looking into adding a pre soak, tire/wheel cleaner and also a tri foam. I did notice that a competitor who’s wash seems to do really well does have a “Pre - Soak” that comes out as a thick foam. It’s only one color but that could be an option that would be cheaper than buying a tri foam. I am currently looking into that now.
I’ve also gotten a quote from “Etowah” for a pre set unit and they are running at around $1,200 before shipping. Just wanted to see if you have looked into any others or had any thoughts on that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I did notice that a competitor who’s wash seems to do really well does have a “Pre - Soak” that comes out as a thick foam.
Do you have any info about the system or the wash you could share? I'd like to create a self-serve version of what they call "snow foam" that a lot of detailers use.

Kwoelke

Reaction score
Do you have any info about the system or the wash you could share? I'd like to create a self-serve version of what they call "snow foam" that a lot of detailers use.
About the wash that is using foaming Pre soak? Unfortunately, I don’t have info on what he is using to make his pre soak foam. My assumption is that they are using a single color foam and just labeling it as a pre soak. I talked to someone over at D&S and mentioned that and he didn’t seem surprised so they might know what he is using.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I only ask because I too am looking into adding a pre soak, tire/wheel cleaner and also a tri foam. I did notice that a competitor who’s wash seems to do really well does have a “Pre - Soak” that comes out as a thick foam. It’s only one color but that could be an option that would be cheaper than buying a tri foam. I am currently looking into that now.
I’ve also gotten a quote from “Etowah” for a pre set unit and they are running at around $1,200 before shipping. Just wanted to see if you have looked into any others or had any thoughts on that.
On the Etowah make sure you *specify you want Hydrominders & stainless steel CFA manifold blocks to jim bc he will put whatever is in the shop. Also you want to instail a 100mesh inlet screen in the tanks to prevent any trash keeping the solinods open. For a 4 bay this is the cheapest simplest route I have done it on my busy 4 bay been reliable.
Here is a real system I build lastyear off southern pride low pressure pumpstand for my 10 bay with IDX controllers for safety solinods going to flowjets that feed the pump. Individual solinods for each product, triple foam brush bullet proof all the bells & whisels 3xs more expensive than Jim's setup would I go out and buy or build one again short answer =Not for a 4 bay SS whats the old KISS method and also depends on your Mechanical ability personally

Attachments

Reactions: APW

Kwoelke

Reaction score
On the Etowah make sure you *specify you want Hydrominders & stainless steel CFA manifold blocks to jim bc he will put whatever is in the shop. Also you want to instail a 100mesh inlet screen in the tanks to prevent any trash keeping the solinods open. For a 4 bay this is the cheapest simplest route I have done it on my busy 4 bay been reliable.
Here is a real system I build lastyear off southern pride low pressure pumpstand for my 10 bay with IDX controllers for safety solinods going to flowjets that feed the pump. Individual solinods for each product, triple foam brush bullet proof all the bells & whisels 3xs more expensive than Jim's setup would I go out and buy or build one again short answer =Not for a 4 bay SS whats the old KISS method and also depends on your Mechanical ability personally
Thanks a lot for your help! greatly appreciated.
To answer your question I am not very mechanical. Took over this carwash 4 months ago coming from a physical therapy background. I don't know if i should build my own considering I'm not very handy and it would probably take me a pretty long time in research plus building.

I will make sure to ask for the items you described from Jim.

G WASH

Reaction score
That is a very fair statement that makes Tri foam a safer bet. What are folks using as a wax type product that provides some visual benefit, such as beading, but isn't deterimental to a dirty car? I want there to be some perceived value in the product.
I have a foaming presoak system that was made by D&H but I turned the air way down after I experienced winds blowing the foam off cars and into customers eyes.So careful what you wish for. with conditioners its not such a worry. Presoak can really burn the eyes.

washnshine

Reaction score
some refer to tri foam as " snake oil" but i love it. I use JBS glow foam. It's very popular with customers. The hp wax is awesome as are blowers. Great profit on blow dry time!!!
If it is just colored, scented soap, it is snake oil. But there are plenty of trifoams out there that make a credible difference on the finish.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a foaming presoak system that was made by D&H but I turned the air way down after I experienced winds blowing the foam off cars and into customers eyes.So careful what you wish for. with conditioners its not such a worry. Presoak can really burn the eyes.
Not the same thing. You had yours set up wrong and your customers paid the price.