What's new

Looking to open/build a car wash.

Next

Reaction score
I'm looking at opening up a car wash in my area. We currently have a 5 bay SS and a couple of SS that are no longer open because the owner didn't maintain and then passed away.

The average AADT in the direct area I am looking at is 15-22k. A Walmart, McDonalds, and large regional grocery chain is at the same intersection. A large gas station has a 1 bay automatic nearby.

What other information do I need to see if feasible and cost effective?

jfmoran

Reaction score
What kind of wash?
How much land and what's the cost?
Accessibility to water, sewer and electric?

Good Ingress / Egress?
Good Visibility from both directions?
Makeup of daily traffic? is it local or commuter?
Density of population in the 1, 3. 5 mile radius?
Demographic makeup? High percentage of renters? What's the median Income?
Present or future competition?

Rapidoil

Reaction score
Similar to the question I have. Can I build on my 1/2 acre of hood commercial ground and make it work. I currently own and operate a mobile oil change system so I often have 1-3 hours of time per day for other business. Am I niave to think I can set up a basic 4 bay ss and not have to be there every waking moment? In other words can I run my mobile oil change business and car wash?

What kind of wash? 4 bay spray wash with dog wash, one bay on end of building for large farm or diesel trucks
How much land and what's the cost? I own 1/2 acre commerical outright. Next to largest grocery store in town. A sherwin williams paint store was just built right next door.
Accessibility to water, sewer and electric? Yes on each corner of property

Good Ingress / Egress? Yes

Good Visibility from both directions? Yes

Makeup of daily traffic? is it local or commuter? Local traffic counts 13/15000

Density of population in the 1, 3. 5 mile radius? 5000 in my town, 49000 in my county. This is rural Montana there are no actual big cities in Montana.

Demographic makeup? still researching

High percentage of renters? Unknown

What's the median Income? 37000 kinda low

Present or future competition? One spray wash that's dilapidated, one large tunnel and a few IBA at gas stations.
What kind of wash?
How much land and what's the cost?
Accessibility to water, sewer and electric?

Good Ingress / Egress?
Good Visibility from both directions?
Makeup of daily traffic? is it local or commuter?
Density of population in the 1, 3. 5 mile radius?
Demographic makeup? High percentage of renters? What's the median Income?
Present or future competition?

Attachments

Rapidoil

Reaction score
For some reason my reply looked like another's post so here it is again
Similar to the question I have. Can I build on my 1/2 acre of hood commercial ground and make it work. I currently own and operate a mobile oil change system so I often have 1-3 hours of time per day for other business. Am I niave to think I can set up a basic 4 bay ss and not have to be there every waking moment? In other words can I run my mobile oil change business and car wash?

What kind of wash? 4 bay spray wash with dog wash, one bay on end of building for large farm or diesel trucks
How much land and what's the cost? I own 1/2 acre commerical outright. Next to largest grocery store in town. A sherwin williams paint store was just built right next door.
Accessibility to water, sewer and electric? Yes on each corner of property

Good Ingress / Egress? Yes

Good Visibility from both directions? Yes

Makeup of daily traffic? is it local or commuter? Local traffic counts 13/15000

Density of population in the 1, 3. 5 mile radius? 5000 in my town, 49000 in my county. This is rural Montana there are no actual big cities in Montana.

Demographic makeup? still researching

High percentage of renters? Unknown

What's the median Income? 37000 kinda low

Present or future competition? One spray wash that's dilapidated, one large tunnel and a few IBA at gas stations.