What's new

Looking to install a ONYX contactless card reader by Nayax in a Wash select II

brianbowes

Reaction score
I am trying to install an onyx card reader in a Unitec wash tec II, operates with a pulse , I have been told it the same setup as the VPOS card reader, can someone point me in the right direction to assist with the install. Thanks, Brian

brianbowes

Reaction score
We bought the unit direct for Nayax, and could not find any information showing how to install. After several attempted we could only get it to read random credit cards, it would not accept debit. The unit is not in service now.
I later installed an additional (three) units in a coin-operated self serve, it performed the same some credit cards and no debt. After a month of trying, we had Nayax log on to the units and make changes to the software in the units. Work fine now
We set the price at 5.00 to start giving 4 min when using cards because of the fees charged by the banks for transactions below 5.00. Cash is 4.00 to start with 3min 12 sec. This encourages users to purchase wash with cards. Purchased at Magikist, ask for Michel, you will find him very helpful.

Attachments

Castle Rock View

Reaction score
Hi Brian,

I just completed my first installation of the Nayax VPOS Touch at my self serve car wash. I used the Pulse1 line to drive a DC relay that switches my main 24VAC line on for Count Up mode operation (standard in this area, Colorado). I also sense the coin drops with a relay and pass those pulses as DC to the VPOS on the Pulse2 line. Having the coin mechanism connected allows VPOS to total the cash dropped into the cash box, a first for my wash. The attributes to set up my system are attached. (If you do not see those attributes in your Pulse/ccTalk field, you can enable them using the Attributes tab. I had to set the IN2 counter to 40 to limit the "Thank You" audio response to every $10. Otherwise, it says "Thank You" with every coin drop. Quite cordial but also distracting. That was the only kludge I had to do. I hope to learn how to disable the "Thank You" audio with coin drops. The VPOS only reports cash to the server every $10 with this setting but that's anacceptable compromise to having no cash information reported.

I had a conversation with tech support about enabling count-down mode for cash input and count-up mode for credit input which would completely eliminate the need for a 3rd party timer (TimeMaster, Dixmor, etc.). They said that others have been looking for this type of operation and that it was "in the queue". Could be weeks, months, or longer but if we continue to request it, maybe sooner.

I am also very curious about your location where you can charge $1.25 per minute of washing! Here, the average is $0.65 to $0.75/minute. Is this an Australian Dollar .vs. US Dollar conversion? If that's the case, you're still getting $0.86 US per minute... Cheers!

Pulse_Attributes_2020-01-05_9-23-00.jpg Nayax_VPOS_Touch_close-up.JPG Nayax_VPOS_Touch_coin_acceptor_mounting.jpg Nayax_VPOS_Touch_components_and_wiring.jpg Nayax_VPOS_Touch_installation.JPG

brianbowes

Reaction score
We are located in Canada and are using the new Onex, it does not allow the card to be swiped., no openings for water to penetrate. I guess it's new on the market. the self-serve cycle for the coin application is 4.00 Cdn for 3min 12 sec. The 4.00 includes.50 cents HST tax paid directly to the government. Our oil to heat the floors cost 1.20 Cdn per liter. or 4.00 USD per gallon. runs about 2000.00 per month for a six-bay wash. property taxes on a six-bay are 8k per year. At the end about half our sales goes directly to the government, and then we pay an income tax of about 40% on the profit. No more free enterprise in Canada. Best wishes Brian

brianbowes

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers we will check our install . Brian

dbcknghm

Reaction score
HI Brian ..... did you set up the Onyx yourself? Looking for help on the wiring and wondering how you wired it in and how well it works...... have Icoin coin selectors and Ginsen timers. Had to custom make the add on stainless boxes to stack on...that is done ..... thx

dbcknghm

Reaction score
Trying to install the same - rural so tough to get anyone out..... can u share your details on the wiring and or pic from the back?
thx

We are located in Canada and are using the new Onex, it does not allow the card to be swiped., no openings for water to penetrate. I guess it's new on the market. the self-serve cycle for the coin application is 4.00 Cdn for 3min 12 sec. The 4.00 includes.50 cents HST tax paid directly to the government. Our oil to heat the floors cost 1.20 Cdn per liter. or 4.00 USD per gallon. runs about 2000.00 per month for a six-bay wash. property taxes on a six-bay are 8k per year. At the end about half our sales goes directly to the government, and then we pay an income tax of about 40% on the profit. No more free enterprise in Canada. Best wishes Brian

dbcknghm

Reaction score
Hi Brian,

I just completed my first installation of the Nayax VPOS Touch at my self serve car wash. I used the Pulse1 line to drive a DC relay that switches my main 24VAC line on for Count Up mode operation (standard in this area, Colorado). I also sense the coin drops with a relay and pass those pulses as DC to the VPOS on the Pulse2 line. Having the coin mechanism connected allows VPOS to total the cash dropped into the cash box, a first for my wash. The attributes to set up my system are attached. (If you do not see those attributes in your Pulse/ccTalk field, you can enable them using the Attributes tab. I had to set the IN2 counter to 40 to limit the "Thank You" audio response to every $10. Otherwise, it says "Thank You" with every coin drop. Quite cordial but also distracting. That was the only kludge I had to do. I hope to learn how to disable the "Thank You" audio with coin drops. The VPOS only reports cash to the server every $10 with this setting but that's anacceptable compromise to having no cash information reported.

I had a conversation with tech support about enabling count-down mode for cash input and count-up mode for credit input which would completely eliminate the need for a 3rd party timer (TimeMaster, Dixmor, etc.). They said that others have been looking for this type of operation and that it was "in the queue". Could be weeks, months, or longer but if we continue to request it, maybe sooner.

I am also very curious about your location where you can charge $1.25 per minute of washing! Here, the average is $0.65 to $0.75/minute. Is this an Australian Dollar .vs. US Dollar conversion? If that's the case, you're still getting $0.86 US per minute... Cheers!

View attachment 1062 View attachment 1063 View attachment 1064 View attachment 1065 View attachment 1066

Wow that is a compact setup..... I have not been able to get mine to power up..... voltage test is 11.2 - 11.8 v.... wondering if you used a power in 12 v rather than a shared power with the icoin? Wondering which other connections u used.... like ground and the coms..... did u try in any other way? thx

brianbowes

Reaction score
Trying to install the same - rural so tough to get anyone out..... can u share your details on the wiring and or pic from the back?
thx
Hi dbcknghm, did you get the onex installed in your self-serve wash?

dbcknghm

Reaction score
Onyx .... Yes I did....finally got a control electrician out and he couldn't figure it out..... swapped the units out with another one I had on hand...ya worked right away.... it was the unit....would power up n all but would not work as a countdown timer.... will bench test it now and see if I can get it working.... impressed w the unit so far.

brianbowes

Reaction score
Onyx .... Yes I did....finally got a control electrician out and he couldn't figure it out..... swapped the units out with another one I had on hand...ya worked right away.... it was the unit....would power up n all but would not work as a countdown timer.... will bench test it now and see if I can get it working.... impressed w the unit so far.
Onyx has difficulty getting the units to download the firmware, sometimes takes several reboots. other that they are great so far.