What's new

Looking to build a conveyor tunnel wash with a water reclaim.

Douglas54

Reaction score
Pros & Cons of water reclaim? So far I've only heard "expensive to install and maintain" but no specifics. Are they worth it? Do people really shy away from washing their cars if you have these? If they are so bad, why do people use them?

I.B. Washincars

Assistant Janitor
Reaction score
If they are so bad, why do people use them?
Often, municipalities will only allow washes to be built, contingent on installing reclaim. Any time I was ever at a wash that had a reclaim system, the story was the same. It quit working and the owner never fixed it. I never stopped in a wash with a functioning reclaim. It appears that no one installs one by choice.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Yes, here in CA, recycle systems are required. They're a "necessary evil", as they say.

I'm probably going to go with a Sobrite system in my next wash that I'm building.

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you visited any washes using reclaim?

Have you found any info as to the well water quality and how much you can draw from it a day?

buda

Reaction score
Pros & Cons of water reclaim? So far I've only heard "expensive to install and maintain" but no specifics. Are they worth it? Do people really shy away from washing their cars if you have these? If they are so bad, why do people use them?
The first question is where do you live? Some states, some municipalaties require them so it is a mute question.
In other situations it is the cost of sewer connection. In Portland, Oregon I paid $11,000 fee for the sewer connection the same connection in California or Florida could run as high as $100,000 plus.
If you do not live in an area where they are required or costs prohibitive you can get by with a simple, wash water reclaim system which is very inexpensive.

Etowah