What's new

Looking for a system to remotely control some devices at my wash

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm interested in setting up a simple system (as in "plug and play") to control some things at my wash. I want to reboot my wash select, and activate a dry contact to both reset my auto, and give a free wash.

The simplest idea I can come up with is to use the samsung smart things hub ($70)outlet with their 110V smart things outlet ($40) . This would allow the use of a phone app to control these outlets. Whatever might need rebooting (wash select, etc.) would have to be wired through the outlet and simply turned off and back on. To reset my auto which uses a Normally Open button, I could envision just adding a 110V relay. I would just momentarily turn the outlet on and then back off, cycling the relay and closing the contacts.

Another advantage of the smart things hub is the input sensors could be utilized. They have a water sensor, and and a multipurpose sensor that works as a door sensor or shock sensor.

Is there a simpler/better way to do what I want?

Thanks

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Is there a simpler/better way to do what I want?
Stop answering the phone??

As far as plug and play... You could use a sprinkler timer. I have installed orbits b-hyve timers several times (for sprinklers, not automation, but anyway....). The phone app is awesome and you can control outputs at will within it. Home Depot sells the timers with 6 or 12 station. Not really designed for the purpose, but could work to push a few buttons.

Last edited:

Jeff_L

Reaction score
ControlByWeb has a device called WebSwitch you could possibly utilize. It has two AC outlets on it that you can reset independently remotely or automatically.

Www.controlbyweb.com