What's new

Lights On Washworld Razor ?

Eric H

Reaction score
I, personally, think the WOW factor wore off pretty quickly on me but my customers and their kids really love it! I anything I'd say that I'd like to see more lights. i don't know whose bay is in the attached photo but I'd like to add similar someday.
I'm not sure of the price increase to add the SpectraRay because I wanted the most up to date machine I could get. My point of view is Get every option so that the machine doesn't look too dated when it is 10-12 years old. My Razor3 with the non-lighted foam covered arm look antique compared to my Razor EDGE arm.

Attachments

Roz

Reaction score
When they work things look awesome and customers like the wow factor. Unfortunately the life of the LEDs WW uses seems to be poor. Already had to replace the LEDS for the floor guides, and the LEDS on the machine are starting to go too. Machine was installed March 2018. Replacements are more expensive than expected. Wow factor is great, just be prepared to replace them sooner than marketing material states.

soonermajic

Reaction score
How much is that StingRay?

Think that's what took down Steve Irwin...

Eric H

Reaction score
Mike T, Do you know if this can be added to a existing Edge machine by just connecting to the SpectraRay box? Or, does it need some kind of upgrade kit because the additional LEDs draw more amps than my existing SpectraRay box could support?

New Washdog

Reaction score
Just a thought, I think the SpecrtaRay as designed would catch debris and make keeping the bay walls clean even more of a chore. It may be a nice addition in some urban areas where flash sells and tree leaves and heavy dirt are less of an issue. I see it as more maintenance and extra work in rural areas. Those areas are less concerned about such flash and more concerned with keeping a clean, serviceable car.