What's new

Lift Master doors

Splash

Reaction score
I have three laser 4000’s with liftmaster garage door openers I keep having intermittent problems.
Garage door company won’t work on them always stating it’s a car wash signal problem. Car wash company states opener problems. The openers seem to fight the pdq system. Any ideas on best doors to replace.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have three laser 4000’s with liftmaster garage door openers I keep having intermittent problems.
Garage door company won’t work on them always stating it’s a car wash signal problem. Car wash company states opener problems. The openers seem to fight the pdq system. Any ideas on best doors to replace.
Do you have a good video system? Maybe you could make a panel with lights connected to the signals and aim a camera at them. Sort of related, I had an issue with a Belanger Vector that I could never catch and an error that didn't tell me exactly what was going on, and I finally turned the auto entrance camera around to face the machine. The very next time I was able to see what the machine did from the recording along with the error and I had it permanently fixed in a few minutes.

soapy

Reaction score
Check my post in "How I fixed this problem" about IBA doors and see if it applies to your pdq. If your pdq sends a stop signal first then a open close signal eliminate the stop signal being sent.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
If you have newer liftmaster doors with a 'brain' control board, the problem is PDQ's signal to them. They go into a 'stuck button' fault and stop moving when they see the open or close signal from the pdq controller staying on too long. I don't know why pdq holds the output on, but it faults out the door controller. We have solved this with momentary single shot relays that 'pulse' the output at a slow interval while the pdq output is held on.

boywonder

Reaction score
Pretty simple, get rid of your liftmaster openers, they are nothing but problems. Even though they say car wash duty they aren't. Contact american garage door, (carwashdoors.com) they will get you setup with some awesome openers.

soapy

Reaction score
Liftmaster door openers are good. Just use a single pulse relay as mentioned. They probably cost a third the price of other car wash door openers from my experience.