What's new

Leaking pump in Mark VII Aquajet

Keno

Reaction score
Hi Group, I've got a leaking pump in my touch-free Mark VII and it is causing there not to be enough water on the rinse pass. Currently there is a Goulds 7GBS1517R4-R03 pump in there now. This is the pump in the actual roll over machine, I know it is used for rinse, not sure if anything else uses this pump. Couple questions:

1. Has anyone had any luck replacing o-rings on these and stopping leaks without a full rebuild? The pump is 5-6 years old at this point, so I am concerned about opening up the pump and finding damaged parts inside and not being able to reassemble - causing downtime on the machine while waiting for parts.
2. Has anyone had any luck rebuilding these? Parts alone to rebuild are approaching half the cost of a new one, and thats with keeping current motor that still works for now. The tech is recommending replacement, as he says rebuilds are hit and miss.
3. Is there another option to replace this with another pump? Procon? $1500 for a new multistage pump is quite a bit of money, and if something else will produce the same results at a lower cost, I would be open to a retrofit. I seem to remember tech was saying need 8GPM at about 150-160 psi I believe - please correct me if incorrect. It looks like a pretty tight fit in there right now.

Thanks,
Keno

mac

Reaction score
Welcome to carwashing. Expect high prices. Unless you are familiar with pumps going cheap could cost you a lot.

Keno

Reaction score
I have no problem paying the high price if that is what is required. Was asking the group if there is a more cost effective retrofit that will produce the same results. I don't know about pumps, hence asking the group that has way more experience than myself. Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score

mac

Reaction score

Keno

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - I decided to rebuild the pump - found the factory parts at a lower price from an online retailer. Ordered everything for a full rebuild to hopefully get another 5-6 years out of the pump.

Keno

Reaction score
Quick update on this, got the pump rebuilt. Looks like someone messed with the pump earlier and cross threaded the barrel when they reinstalled it. That was the cause of my leak. It took a 3 foot pipe wrench to back the barrel off the cross threading. Luckily threads weren't damaged, so it went back together easily. I still did a full rebuild since I had all the parts, though none of the old parts were damaged and I think I could have just reinstalled the barrel correctly to stop the leak. Pump works well now putting out correct pressure and flow. Though I need a pressure sensor to control the vfd, it's damaged and sending incorrect data to the vfd.

Last edited: