What's new

Laserwash 4000 impact switch random

jtownsend

Reaction score
I'm having a problem where my laserwash 4000 shuts down with an impact switch hit fault, ramdomly. It can happen on any cycle of the wash and sometimes doesn't happen at all. Ive replaced the sensor and the cable from the sensor to the box on the trolley.
Thanks for any input!

fastlx

Reaction score
I don't know if it applies but check my post about the Carlo Gavazzi sensors. Seems like your having the same gremlin I had this past weekend.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You may need to back out the sensor a bit. If its too close, the high pressure pass can push the arm just enough to get the sensor to read. But don't back it out too far, or it won't detect an actual impact soon enough.

jtownsend

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I hadn't realized that the T-bar breakaway sensor malfunctioning would cause this fault. The insulation was frayed where the wire goes into the frame. So far I covered it with electrical tape (temporarily), and haven't had the fault since.

fastlx

Reaction score
That's great. I was just about to say to check the T bar. The arch arm should only fault out at 30 degrees. You can lift it and see when the eye makes contact ( light comes on).

jtownsend

Reaction score
That T-bar sensor was quite a job to replace. Thanks to everyone for their input!