What's new

Laser wash 4000 Impact

Coastal

Reaction score
Hoping someone here can help. My laser wash 4000 has a ghost malfunction.The ghost problem is very inconsistent it may happen every 20 washes or every other wash.

What happens is a rear impact on the first pass always. But it seems the problem starts at the front of the vehicle. When the wash begins the arch moves from home position and goes from passenger side to driver side just fine. But when it goes from drivers side back to passenger side it will stop short of clearing the passenger side of the vehicle. It then continues the wash back to the driver side, makes the 90° turn, goes down the driver side ok, makes the 180° turn at the rear ok, but before it's clear of the rear of the vehicle it makes the turn to soon and impacts the rear of the vehicle. (Note this is in the same exact location short of clearing the vehicle rear that it did on the front of the vehicle)

When this happens it's always in the exact same location. The pulse prox will be on the fourth rung of the right side width measure ladder. (Every time)

I have Virtual treadle and the newer black ultrasonic sensors. The computer was bought new in 2016. I have replaced the pulse prox and wiring harness. I've unplugged the ultrasonic in the hopes I could just run the wash to the left and right limits for now. But even with the ultrasonic unplugged it still does this. Ive checked all connections in the small JO cabinets on the arch and trolley. Everything ohoms out. I'm at a loss. Anybody have any ideas??

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
There's a lot that can cause this... Most of which you have already addressed. I would next replace the right limit switch. Its probably 'leaking' voltage and the computer is detecting it as 'on'. But I think the computer only starts looking for the right limit after the rear bridge gets past halfway across the rear.

Coastal

Reaction score
There's a lot that can cause this... Most of which you have already addressed. I would next replace the right limit switch. Its probably 'leaking' voltage and the computer is detecting it as 'on'. But I think the computer only starts looking for the right limit after the rear bridge gets past halfway across the rear.
Ok gotcha thanks I'll check that out.

zachavm

Reaction score
Ok gotcha thanks I'll check that out.
Did you figure this out? I'm having a similar issue.