What's new

Kudos to the Kutztown police

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I had my first significant break in tuesday evening, here's what they had on the news:
http://www.wfmz.com/news/police-make-quick-arrests-in-daylight-burglary-of-car-wash/34083036

Of course I was thrilled to get 90% of my stuff back within 24 hours, but more importantly the kutztown police were great. They were respectful of the "suspect's" constitutional and legal rights even though they knew who did it; they were diligent in nailing them, they were polite helpful and respectful through the entire process. And they got the buggers. :D

I've long disagreed with those of you who say its not worth the trouble to call the police, this week proved me right.

Yes it was a stressful day, but it was also kind of exciting - fingerprint dusting, sampling for dna, identifying property at the arrest site...

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I've long disagreed with those of you who say its not worth the trouble to call the police, this week proved me right.
I get a door forced open, or a hole in the roof, or a hole in the brick wall about once per year. The police just want to take a report over the phone and not even come out and look at it. It just depends where you are.

I am tickled that the punks got caught.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think your case is an exception to what normally happens. I can't remember the last time, if ever, a break in at a car wash was solved in our area. As GW said, police usually just file a report and if by accident they stumble on the stolen goods they solve the case. When I had batteries and several other items stolen from my delivery trucks years ago there were tracks in the snow from the trucks to a building down the street. The police said there wasn't probable cause to pursue that lead.

About a year later an officer asked if I had ever seen the owner of the warehouse. I told him that he was usually there early in the morning but usually left by 7. Believe it or not he said, Well I don't start until 8."

Several years later that warehouse was raided for drugs and they found a large quantity of stolen items. Unfortunately my items were not there. I know the police have a tough job but I think there are times that they only like to take on cases that either have political ramifications or solve themselves. The piece on TV mentioned that they had received a telephone tip on the suspect. That seemed to play a large part in arresting the culprits.

Glad to hear you got most of the stolen items back.