What's new

Kondor KL2 Gearbox Replacement

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope all is well! We operate a Kondor KL2 at our location that is around five years old. Over the last six months the butterfly arms have a lot of play in them, and that the gearbox needs replacement. Anyone know where we can purchase this part or the part number for it. We have always gotten our replacement parts from Kleenrite. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

MEP001

Reaction score
The gearbox will be proprietary and must be purchased from Belanger or a rep with them. Call Belanger, they may sell direct to you (probably not) and they'll give you names of companies who you can deal with direct.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
Belanger Part No. in the Kondor manual is 1GEABX-AS998 but it is now 112296 and the price from Belanger is $1,698.01

I recommend keep the old one. The worm gear is brass and can be easily replaced for much less. Keep it on the shelf for next time.....

Last edited:

Timmb

Reaction score
If you haven't lubed the three bearings more likely its just those. look at your manual diagrams. I have replaced them & I lubed them regularly.
They still go bad. The arm play is the sign. the right side has nothing to do with directly with the gear box can only be bearings.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Belanger Part No. in the Kondor manual is 1GEABX-AS998 but it is now 112296 and the price from Belanger is $1,698.01

I recommend keep the old one. The worm gear is brass and can be easily replaced for much less. Keep it on the shelf for next time.....
John any chance you know where I can get just the new worm gear? I looked in the bellanger catalog and it looks like the motor and worm gear come as one part number. Talked to our rep as well and the part was for one unit with the whole gearbox.

Etowah