What's new

Kleen white tire cleaner

Reaction score
Well being that kleen rite had the soap special going on I thought it would be a good time to switch my wash over to a different brand of chemicals. Currently using all powder soap except for the triple foam and foam brush.

I purchased the kleen white tire cleaner and I'm just not happy with it. My current powder setup you can see the dirt draining off the tires. Is currently low pressure no air assist. Tried the kleen white and noticed two things- #1 it definitely needs a foamer added - excessive lime green all over the bay floor is unattractive to me.
#2 it doesn't cut the dirt. I currently switched back until I find another solution to use this.

My question is can I mix a gallon on "super degreaser" in with the kleen white to get it cutting stronger? It's a strong liquid that can be deluted. Anyone ever done such???

Im mixing it with a tan tip in a 507 hydrominder that I just added for This function. The powder was drum mixed sucked straight into a flowjet.

I'm planning adding air of I re-introduced the kleen-white.

Randy

Reaction score
What is the power that you've been using? I always check the SDS to see what's in the product before I buy it to be sure it will work for what I want to do with it.

Reaction score
What is the power that you've been using? I always check the SDS to see what's in the product before I buy it to be sure it will work for what I want to do with it.
The powder is made by Bama soap they are in Hanceville Al however price has gone up to $100 a 50lb box 25/-1 and they don't deliver to my wash. Little bit of a inconvenience.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Well being that kleen rite had the soap special going on I thought it would be a good time to switch my wash over to a different brand of chemicals. Currently using all powder soap except for the triple foam and foam brush.

I purchased the kleen white tire cleaner and I'm just not happy with it. My current powder setup you can see the dirt draining off the tires. Is currently low pressure no air assist. Tried the kleen white and noticed two things- #1 it definitely needs a foamer added - excessive lime green all over the bay floor is unattractive to me.
#2 it doesn't cut the dirt. I currently switched back until I find another solution to use this.

My question is can I mix a gallon on "super degreaser" in with the kleen white to get it cutting stronger? It's a strong liquid that can be deluted. Anyone ever done such???

Im mixing it with a tan tip in a 507 hydrominder that I just added for This function. The powder was drum mixed sucked straight into a flowjet.

I'm planning adding air of I re-introduced the kleen-white.
Any chemical that will allow you to see the browning lift off the tires before it is rinsed is going to have a pH of 13 or 14. Like Randy said, check the sds and see what is in the cleaner before you buy it.
Aside from the pH level of 13 or 14, you’re probably also going to be looking for sodium metasilicate, decylamine oxide and sodium and/or potassium hydroxide on the sds sheet in an effective tire/wheel cleaner. These are not the only ingredients that pack a punch, but are some that are commonly used.

Reaction score
Any chemical that will allow you to see the browning lift off the tires before it is rinsed is going to have a pH of 13 or 14. Like Randy said, check the sds and see what is in the cleaner before you buy it.
Aside from the pH level of 13 or 14, you’re probably also going to be looking for sodium metasilicate, decylamine oxide and sodium and/or potassium hydroxide on the sds sheet in an effective tire/wheel cleaner. These are not the only ingredients that pack a punch, but are some that are commonly used.

Wow that is some great information. Thanks a lot! I didn't know exactly what he meant by sds at first. I will definitely look into this. What chemical do you use for the tire cleaner? The powder does ok but it's not that easy for me to get. I'm ok with using powder also. Kleen rite offer so many different powders that I wasn't even sure where to start. The write up on the kleen white definitely seemed to be a solid product. It let me down though.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Wow that is some great information. Thanks a lot! I didn't know exactly what he meant by sds at first. I will definitely look into this. What chemical do you use for the tire cleaner? The powder does ok but it's not that easy for me to get. I'm ok with using powder also. Kleen rite offer so many different powders that I wasn't even sure where to start. The write up on the kleen white definitely seemed to be a solid product. It let me down though.
SDS means "Safety Data Sheet" every chemical product is supposed to have one, it's sometime rather to as a MSDS "Material Safety Data Sheet" I currently use KR "Super Wash" for tire, engine and presoak, it's Ok it doesn't bring the black out of the tires. Call KR and ask to speak to the soap guy, I don't who he is now. He should be able to give you some suggestions as to what product to use. Don't be afraid to ask for samples.

Reaction score
The higher the ph the stronger the product is?

washnshine

Reaction score
The higher the ph the stronger the product is?
Yes and No - pH is on a scale from 0-14, with 7 being neutral. 0 is the most acidic, 7 (water is around 7)is neutral and 14 is the most alkaline. So 0 and 14 are both extremes at opposite ends of the scale. You will want a high alkaline chemical for tires, though. So a pH approaching 14 is what will clean them best. High pH or low pH alone does not mean it will work well. Lots of variables in formulations. Consult the Kleen Rite experts end they will be a huge help.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Also, in the SS world care must be exercised because great cleaning products may not be the best for car finish etc. if not used properly.

PDonnelly

Reaction score
I use Kleen-White at my wash and love it, good scent and a great show allows customers to see that they've applied it to there entire wheel/tire. Dwell time is a factor here with everything that has been said based on the pH levels if you go with the strongest you can find you might end up with a lot of customers very un happy if they are going well past the intended dwell time ... Kleen white has been a safe bet with removing the brake dust and deposits but not ruining any finishes. Are you sure your initial drum mix was correct?

Reaction score
I use Kleen-White at my wash and love it, good scent and a great show allows customers to see that they've applied it to there entire wheel/tire. Dwell time is a factor here with everything that has been said based on the pH levels if you go with the strongest you can find you might end up with a lot of customers very un happy if they are going well past the intended dwell time ... Kleen white has been a safe bet with removing the brake dust and deposits but not ruining any finishes. Are you sure your initial drum mix was correct?
I converted over to a hydrominder setup without diluting with water and used a tan tip. like I mentioned I didn't have any air assist. I read that could possibly help the product stick on the tires. Mine comes out of the hp gun. Maybe I should install the air solenoids and give it a longer shot. The product by itself makes my bay area lime green so I pulled it for that reason also. Didn't want someone tracking it in their vehicle. I have 8 5-gallon jugs so I have to do something with it.

Reaction score
Do you have foamers? 1/4 product line?

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't need foamers for tire cleaner, just tee the liquid and air through the same check valve. 1/4" line is plenty. I like individual adjustments for liquid and air, then you can set the dilution strong and the pressure as high as 60 PSI and the product gets to the gun quickly and produces a pretty thick foam without going through a lot of chemical.

Reaction score
You don't need foamers for tire cleaner, just tee the liquid and air through the same check valve. 1/4" line is plenty. I like individual adjustments for liquid and air, then you can set the dilution strong and the pressure as high as 60 PSI and the product gets to the gun quickly and produces a pretty thick foam without going through a lot of chemical.
I have read so many post about this. A couple had mentioned about distance and so on. Mine is a 6 bay with ER situated offset with 2 on one side and 4 on the other. Thanks for the information.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're referring to pressure loss from line length, I can confirm to you that six bays across (over 100') doesn't affect flow of a low-volume product like tire cleaner using 1/4" OD tube.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Tire cleaner, presoak (the larger tube) and air all mix through one check valve. The other is spot free.

Boom manifold.jpg

Tire cleaner app.jpg

edredtop

Reaction score
Tire cleaner, presoak (the larger tube) and air all mix through one check valve. The other is spot free.

View attachment 5984

View attachment 5985
Are you using Kleen-White too? (KRC251)
I have the exact same manifold set up as you over my boom and get the same visual when sprayed on the tires.
There's about a 10-15 second lag time to push the previous selection clear before it comes out due to tire cleaner being at approx 45 psi.
Sadly, I'm not a big fan of the end result, and honestly been too timid to change for fear a more aggressive soap will eat up parts of the plumbing. About 10 years ago a local soap supplier sent over a high ph soap to try and it immediately started eating up an aluminum pick up tube.
Made me gun shy and begrudgingly even more loyal to Kleen-Rite brand soaps. The customers keep the wash very busy, but am interested in a bit more aggressive soap to produce a better end result.
(after I burn through the pallet and a half of Kleen Rite soaps I have, lol)

Attachments

wrightwash

Reaction score
I switched over from Simoniz Orange Slice to the Kleen White, the color and smell are amazing but it doesn't have near the cleaning power at the same dilution ratios. I'm afraid to go much stronger though, for some reason I have customers that want to spray the tire cleaner over their entire vehicle.