What's new

Kleen-Rite Kleen Track 1B ( strange issue)

fastlx

Reaction score
I just opened a new 55 gallon drum of Kleen Track 1B. Usually the color is red and smells like cinnamon. The new drum is orange/gold and no scent and the viscosity is different than what I have seen ( been using for 5-6 years).

Kleen Rite said the Simonize rep said it was fine. But seems off to me. anyone else experience this? I attached some pictures. Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

chaz

Reaction score
ask KR to inspect a barrel from a difference lot. Has the barrel in question been exposed to adverse weather conditions.?

fastlx

Reaction score
No straight to me and stored in my warehouse. Back in Jan I think. It did get cold but not freezing.

chaz

Reaction score
Maybe reach out direct to simonize. ask for a sample from a new batch and compare.?

MEP001

Reaction score
Knowing first-hand how they make the soaps, it's more likely a batch problem, but it's good to know they took care of it for you.

washnshine

Reaction score
Knowing first-hand how they make the soaps, it's more likely a batch problem, but it's good to know they took care of it for you.
Yes - and hopefully they will tag the rest of the drums from that batch so more operators do not need to discover it the way you did.