What's new

Just how stupid is Biden

mac

Reaction score
Latest news is he wants to increase the ethanol in auto gas to 15%. Here are a couple of facts that show how wrong this. Ethanol has 85% of the energy of gasoline. Growing the corn to make it is a net energy loss. Since corn is used is so many foods that drives cost up. This is a bone he’s throwing to the tree huggers. If my facts are wrong feel free to let me know. Oh and ethanol eats rubber gaskets.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
Latest news is he wants to increase the ethanol in auto gas to 15%. Here are a couple of facts that show how wrong this. Ethanol has 85% of the energy of gasoline. Growing the corn to make it is a net energy loss. Since corn is used is so many foods that drives cost up. This is a bone he’s throwing to the tree huggers. If my facts are wrong feel free to let me know. Oh and ethanol eats rubber gaskets.
Ethanol fuel has way more issues especially if there is any water in the fuel system. One main reason this is stupid is that the higher the ethanol content the Lowe the fuel mileage you get. You will probably pay less at the pump but you get less mileage so you have to use more fuel to go the same distance and this will also cause the tankers delivering the fuel to have to deliver more

MEP001

Reaction score
Ethanol fuel has way more issues especially if there is any water in the fuel system. One main reason this is stupid is that the higher the ethanol content the Lowe the fuel mileage you get. You will probably pay less at the pump but you get less mileage so you have to use more fuel to go the same distance and this will also cause the tankers delivering the fuel to have to deliver more
When e85 first started getting common at gas stations, it was a lot cheaper than regular gas, and even then it just barely balanced out on cost per mile. Right now with gas at around $3.50/gallon in my area, why is e85 $3.40/gallon?

OurTown

Reaction score
When e85 first started getting common at gas stations, it was a lot cheaper than regular gas, and even then it just barely balanced out on cost per mile. Right now with gas at around $3.50/gallon in my area, why is e85 $3.40/gallon?

I have recently wondered this myself and because of this would debate really how much demand plays into the retail fuel prices.

Timmb

Reaction score
Corn is going to be the most expensive this year that it's ever been. Shortage of fertilizer, price of fertilizer, shortage of corn because the farmers won't grow it because of the two above issues. This is going to make fuel less expensive? What a joke!

edredtop

Reaction score
This is definitely having an affect on our businesses.
It's been taking a steady dive for about 8 to 10 months (gross rev)..

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Can Biden-Harris impeachable offenses be made to stick & hold water ... with the mainstream media not fulfilling their role with a "within range moral compass"?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We are digging out right now with our privately owned & maintained Case 1840 SkidSteer from an unbelievable "high drifts" North Dakota April 3-4 DAYS DURATION SNOW BLIZZARD: You better believe the very much increased price of Diesel Fuel for it ... is not a pleasant experience!

The don't need to properly address deficit-debt in Washington DC "on the gov't trough" connected mindset-crowd .... helps to make too many "unworthy to serve" rascals "oblivious" along with the media enablers???

They remind me of a "criminal mischief" couple recently in our laundromat improperly responding to me ... when I pointed out to them that the CAMERAS DON'T LIE!. They thought I was just bluffing!

Last edited:

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
He's looking for any kind of life line at the moment, but this is an absurd idea. Advisors are not helping in the least - unless they're all corn producers.

mac

Reaction score
Recently read that 6 out of 8 financial advisors to Sleppy Joe have zero experience in real business. They are all academics. Well at least we have Kamala.