What's new

JEEP Problem

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Customer had her 2018 Jeep Wrangler detailed and is now starting a laundry list of things wrong with the vehicle "because of detailing" a week ago.

Rattles inside, drips from underneath, wet floors.

I printed a standard 'incident report', which documents the events and conversations in case it goes to court.

I also went online and looked up TSB's and posts on Jeep forums regarding the problem of wet carpet. There were hundreds of posts and I printed out the first 8 pages.

Fun!

MEP001

Reaction score
I also went online and looked up TSB's and posts on Jeep forums regarding the problem of wet carpet. There were hundreds of posts and I printed out the first 8 pages.
How many were related to having been detailed?

Roz

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Wrangler. I can see a small (very small) amount of water on a floor now and then after taking it through my Razors several times a week. No issue with my soft cloth. The Jeep is designed to be able to remove the doors and the roof (in sections) so I think they were a bit loose with the tolerances when designing the car. I covered my carpets with Weather Tech mats which makes cleaning the interior a breeze.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The customer came back Friday. The top is an aftermarket one they installed themselves. I found a wrinkle in the header gasket that looked suspect of leakability.

As for the rattle, I found a rearend breather that had been banging against a heat shield. I wire tied it out of harms way. Score one for customer service!

MEP001

Reaction score
I guess when you applied dressing to the breather tube, you knocked it loose.