What's new

JE Adams Vac not counting coins properly

DRsuds

Reaction score
A few of my vacuums at one of my locations have been on and off not starting with the right amount of quarters. Customers will tell me they put in four quarters and it doesn't start until a fifth is added. But most of the time it will start for four quarters, the amount it should. Normally we replace the coin switch and be done with it but I find that I always have to bend the metal wire to make it fit. My vaccum is Mode 9225 http://www.jeadams.com/Product/799/Commercial-Vacuum-2-Motor-Small-Stainless-Steel-Dome.aspx the switch kleenrite refered me to was https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1444-coin-mech-2-coin-replacement-switch.aspx but I always have to bend them to make them fit, does anyone know any that fit better or a fix for this issue? It seems like the coin is passing by the switch before it fully depresses.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you kidding me people actually still use those mechanical switches. We haven't used those in well over 25 years. I wouldn't mess with those switches, go to a electronic coin acceptor and raise your price, a $1.00 is to low.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your vacs probably have the Imonex plastic coin acceptors, but you're ordering the switch for the Coin Mech unit.

DRsuds

Reaction score
I called JE Adams and they referred me to the right part but I’m going to take a look at the electronic switches. I’m curious what other people have their vacs set to price wise and for how much time.

Randy

Reaction score
We are at Vac's $1.50 for 3.5 minutes, bays $2.75 for 3.5 minutes and very soon going up. The only reason J.E Adams puts those mechanical coin acceptors in there vac's is to make the vac more appealing as it is cheaper. Would you pay $150 or $200 more for a vac with a electronic coin acceptor in it, probably not.