What's new

JC Shampoo/Vac No Foam

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have a JC shampoo/vac combo unit that won't foam. At first I thought my guys didn't dilute it right so we drained it and refilled but still the same consistency....runny.

Also does anyone know a good way to clean the reservoir?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
There are so many things to check that could cause the issue that it's hard to think of where to start. I've been working on one that I've already spent two hours on just to finally discover the pump isn't making enough pressure, so I'm thinking about converting it to a peristaltic pump like Fragramatics. Then maybe I can find a gallon jug that will fit behind the door and I don't have to deal with the tank growing scum in it.

If you're getting plenty of liquid and air but it's not foaming, the wadding in the elbow behind the brush may have slipped out. I usually replace the foam pellet in the Fragramatics brushes with one cut out of an Armor All sponge - you could try stuffing some in and holding it with a toothpick just to see if it foams.

I clean the reservoir by getting a pot of water almost boiling and pouring it in the tank and flushing it out. Bleach might work too, you just want to kill the algae that grows in it and flush it clean.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
This is what I check with the colemans. (looks like not enough liquid volume) 1. Pull the hose from the brass barb inside the unit you my have to slice the hose so you don't break the barb. . Make sure liquid is shooting out. I have had the barbs get clogged / corroded. 2. If it is not shooting out its bad pump or strainer or solenoid valve issue so work backward from there. 3. If it is shooting out you can have a clogged barb inside brush or clogged hose. Try and swap the air and liquid hoses inside the machine to see if you now get liquid out the brush. If you do this may solve the issue since you don't need much air. If one of the hoses to the brush is clogged you could try to hook it directly to the compressor to blow it out. If a bad barb inside the brush head you could try to take it apart and put it back together- difficult. Bad hose inside the larger hose and you can't clear it. Time for a new hose assembly.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers guys. I am on the way to look at it as we speak if this turns into a real head scratch'er then I might just swap it out with a spare unit I have in my shop.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Turned out to be something with the hose. I replaced with a spare I had and foaming right up. I'm going to tear into the hose this weekend to see if I can figure out what exactly it was

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Turned out to be something with the hose. I replaced with a spare I had and foaming right up. I'm going to tear into the hose this weekend to see if I can figure out what exactly it was
Before tearing in o it which will likely never go back together try to attach each of the poly hoses to a compressor to blow out any crud.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The little lines can be a pain. If you've had the brush head off before they can come loose or kink in the head. The best way to work on them is while they're still on the vacuum. Once you reconnect the lines you can hold the hose out straight from the unit and pull on the hose and allow the brush head to be pulled into place, which will prevent the lines from kinking.