What's new

Is there a market for salt removal only?

Blondie

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am interested in knowing if a automatic undercarriage wash only / salt removal system exists.
I understand it might sound odd, but the area Im in (Northern MI) has no where within an hours drive that has anywhere to clean the salt off. I own a property that was a gas station years ago so it has a large carport where the gas pumps used to be and a perfect place to install this somewhat simple system I’m envisioning.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am interested in knowing if a automatic undercarriage wash only / salt removal system exists.
I understand it might sound odd, but the area Im in (Northern MI) has no where within an hours drive that has anywhere to clean the salt off. I own a property that was a gas station years ago so it has a large carport where the gas pumps used to be and a perfect place to install this somewhat simple system I’m envisioning.
You could certainly purchase just that equipment - a company called Interclean makes systems like you are describing, but for the construction/large vehicle market that get covered in mud on construction sites.

You could get any undercarriage manifold, a set of guiderails and put the system on a timer for people to drive over. It would be similar to what you see when entering an IBA.

The problem is most people who are regular motorists probably want the salt off the whole car because it is visible on the top and sides too and may even be obscuring their view out the windows. And if you are marketing it just for salt removal of the undercarriage, and that is all you do, you will have all of the spring summer and fall months where there is really not much use for the service.

Last edited: