What's new

internet/phone loss century link

soapy

Reaction score
I figure I lost a few hundred dollars on 12/27 since I had no phone lines or internet to process CC at my locations. I did find a lot more big bills in the changer though. ( NOt counterfeit bills). I am sure the nationwide shutdown was a Chinese hack since they found a Panda munching their wires in Omaha. JMO

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Soapy,

I would be very cautious about signing a long term contract with Century Link based on their proven in the past knee jerk crazed collection agency policy ... whether they lived up to their end of the contract or not. All while ... the pertinent gov't agencies' top jocks ... look the other way ... stating ... sorry ... we can't help ... it is a civil ... take them to court matter. I thought about my horrific experience while I watched the Gosnell Serial Killer Movie. I was reminded of the stack of complaints that the lower level consumer affairs employee who was powerless when her supervisor overruled her ... even though she agreed with me ... when I presented clear irrefutable evidence!

Maybe they are better now but I know what I know about what happened 6-7 years ago. Not pleasant especially when they give numerous collection agencies your cell # ... all for not allowing them to make you their pee-on ... with no intention of honoring what you had signed with them.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I have no love for Century link but in my area they are probably the most reliable. 2 local towns here are installing their own fiber optic lines throughout the city so soon we will have multiple choices for companies. I really figure that once 5 G service is offered land line offered internet will be dropping like flies.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I figure I lost a few hundred dollars on 12/27 since I had no phone lines or internet to process CC at my locations.
A week or so ago lost thousands in sales because Comcast was down for several hours at my Gas Station, C store and Tunnel. Found out they have some backup 5 G plan available. Don't know the cost. Don'tt know if it will interface with the Dispenser Card Readers POS system. What a business plan, subscribe to their service and they will ask you to pay more for a backup if they can't provide their service.