What's new

In Bay Heat

carwashkid22

Reaction score
Finishing up an IBA install and I'm getting to the point of having to decide on heating for winter in the midwest. Bay is roughly 30Lx18Wx12H and I had a quote made up to put two box heaters in for roughly 7k (non stainless) and 10k and change for stainless two 40k BTU boxes in both scenarios. Any insight as to a cheaper option? Also tube heat is not an option for the setup. A simple google search yields that I could get a stainless 125k BTU box for about 2500$ with install costs I'm still way ahead. Talk to me!

soapy

Reaction score
They do make small box radiant heaters that heat objects and not the air. You could place them away from things that you do not want to get too hot. Radiant tube heaters are best but if you have low clearance they might not work.

MC3033

Reaction score
I always recommend going with 2 heaters that are on 2 separate circuits. I think the added cost is absolutely worth the insurance.

wash4me

Reaction score
you could run a pex line with antifreeze to a hanging hot water heater and pump with a heat exchanger from your hot water tank.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Based on experience ... forced air seems to help get rid of a kind of "white-out" that can be created in a bay from the huge difference in temperatures between outdoor air & indoor air on some colder winter days! This is something that our "milder weather" fellow forum members have trouble relating to. Kind of an ... out of sight ... out of mind phenomenon IMHO.