What's new

IN BAY AUTOMATIC

ALJOS1499

Reaction score
Greetings to all I own a self service car wash for 5 years I bought it in terrible conditions and remodeled it completely has 6 bays 4 self service 1 of datailing and 1 full service during these five years I have noticed that the biggest increase in my sales is reflected in the self service and I am thinking of installing a belanger freestyler in the bay of detailing my sales only in self service With 4 bays and 4 vacuumm are around 150k per year I would like to know that so much I could expect from automatic I am in a good location in two main av one with AADT 33000 AND THE OTHER 34000 I HAVE 2 COMPETITORS OF TUNEL 2 MILES. That I could be suggested regarding installing the automatic as it is a 250k investment.

traveler17

Reaction score
Greetings to all I own a self service car wash for 5 years I bought it in terrible conditions and remodeled it completely has 6 bays 4 self service 1 of datailing and 1 full service during these five years I have noticed that the biggest increase in my sales is reflected in the self service and I am thinking of installing a belanger freestyler in the bay of detailing my sales only in self service With 4 bays and 4 vacuumm are around 150k per year I would like to know that so much I could expect from automatic I am in a good location in two main av one with AADT 33000 AND THE OTHER 34000 I HAVE 2 COMPETITORS OF TUNEL 2 MILES. That I could be suggested regarding installing the automatic as it is a 250k investment.
250k? Is that for the machine and install?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Great SS numbers. However, the two tunnels within two miles is very concerning. I'd possibly look around a 15 minute drive for touch free washes. There might be a niche there if there are very few in the area.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would go for it and install a new Washworld Razor Touchfree machine and Hamilton Pay station. Add Crypto pay, tap and a MARS validator. The touchfree aspect will be enough to differentiate you from friction tunnel competitors.

Both pieces of equipment have a time-tested design and are made to run well and make you $$$.

Interest rates are great right now and your SS bay #'s can help support the reload loan if need be.

$250,000 is not too expensive to add an IBA, complete. I am in the process of adding a Washworld Razor to replace a 15 year old Superior Side Trac 700R. I refinanced my original loan which was set to mature in October, as well as my SBA loan, added the funds for the IBA purchase / bay rehab and saved over $800 / mo. on payments.

washnshine

Reaction score
$250,000 is not too expensive to add an IBA, complete. I am in the process of adding a Washworld Razor to replace a 15 year old Superior Side Trac 700R.
Just curious- were you able to sell your superior or did you scrap it?

OurTown

Reaction score
Yeah I just was quoted to replace my vector w the WW XR7 for 100. I’m just going off that. That’s why I said I could be wrong 😬

Some washes need an electrical service upgrade to install a new auto and this can get up there. Also add doors, auto cashier, blowers, building mods etc...

traveler17

Reaction score
Some washes need an electrical service upgrade to install a new auto and this can get up there. Also add doors, auto cashier, blowers, building mods etc...
I here ya, I have the dryers , pay station etc.. was thinking just the touchless. Do you have dryers or did you add them to your razor?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I beg to differ, $250k is way too much.
Get a nice Touchfeee like a Ryko Radius, who has some GREAT sales late Spring/early Summer. They wil include a turnkey install & it includes tear out of SS equipment.
Or a WW Razor. I just instwlled my Razor for undwr $100k TOTAL!
Do NOT get a friction IBA, as the tunnels already so this.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do NOT get a friction IBA, as the tunnels already so this.
The choice/decision to go touchfree or friction for an IBA seems easier to make these days. Anyone in a market saturated with the EE’s (and there are lots of them) can probably wisely go with a touchfree. If you don’t have EE’s around, go with what will clean better for you, or one of each if you are lucky enough to have 2.